Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

634 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, shark lobster said:

Why would anyone buy the first run of these reels ? Id wait a year or so before even thinking of buying one !

If no one bought a 1st run how would you know about any problems?

Early adopters of many things help the rest of us out.....

If I had the cash and didn't mind the extra $100 to ship it here, I'd buy a No 4 or No 5.

Being a lefty (and wanting a bail) means a VS is useless; needing a press to get at the pinion makes it impossible as I am so far from a service centre; VR nothing for lefty's (this might change but I doubt it)

ZX20 is too slow and a bit heavy

Im not going to buy a first run of reels that have all these issues and you have to pay to send it back to be fixed ! Thats crazy . There should have been a limited production sent to testers iron out the issues before you put them on the open market!

32 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Im not going to buy a first run of reels that have all these issues and you have to pay to send it back to be fixed ! Thats crazy . There should have been a limited production sent to testers iron out the issues before you put them on the open market!

Your right. 

i’m going to return it, become right handed, buy a van staal, start theowing diamond jigs and not catch fish like everyone else.

you didn’t buy the first run of reels, I did as well as several others. please take your useless opinion away from this thread and go troll somewhere else. Your comments are literally insulting me and other people who have this reel and your pissing me off. 

4 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

in my book there should be more grease in there than that.

the brown color?,,well ya got me since I am not an expert.

I'd def clean it out and regrease it.

any roughness?

HH

I’m sending it in to visser. No roughnes super smooth.

Man you got what you paid for. A new reel that’s untested. Now you need to wait and see what your going to do with it. Is this design going to last? You got one of the first ones. Look at vs from the first ones how it’s changed.  Look at zb also changed. If I needed a new toy and had extra money sure I would play along. But if this was a reel I need in my line up not the best choice at the moment. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Callmefish said:

Your right. 

i’m going to return it, become right handed, buy a van staal, start theowing diamond jigs and not catch fish like everyone else.

you didn’t buy the first run of reels, I did as well as several others. please take your useless opinion away from this thread and go troll somewhere else. Your comments are literally insulting me and other people who have this reel and your pissing me off. 

So because you don't like his opinions they are insulting?  I agree about not buying the first out of any product. 

5 hours ago, ged said:

Some stainless will rust, 17-4 for example would hold up better to salt water exposure. Then again, I am not sure RK would use a stainless that is almost twice the cost if the seals should prevent water intrusion in the first place. 

Remember stainless means that it Stains-less ..  under the right conditions even your kitchen ware will stain

10 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

So because you don't like his opinions they are insulting?  I agree about not buying the first out of any product. 

No because he called me crazy for not doing the same as him. Not buying a new reel, did you read his post or only my response.

14 mins ago, hydraman said:

Man you got what you paid for. A new reel that’s untested. Now you need to wait and see what your going to do with it. Is this design going to last? You got one of the first ones. Look at vs from the first ones how it’s changed.  Look at zb also changed. If I needed a new toy and had extra money sure I would play along. But if this was a reel I need in my line up not the best choice at the moment. Good luck. 

So far i got half of what i paid for, an untested reel (that i like) now is the time for the unparalleled service and support to kick in which i also paid for. Got e-mailed by robert twice on thanksgiving and I’m sending in today. The other half of the investment seems to going good so far. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Callmefish said:

Your right. 

Im pissing you off why because you bought a f up reel and you want to be the look at me guy on the rocks with the new visser! I get it guy id be pissed off at me to ! 

3 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Im pissing you off why because you bought a f up reel and you want to be the look at me guy on the rocks with the new visser! I get it guy id be pissed off at me to ! 

No, you pissed me off because you pretty much said  i was crazy for buying a new reel and your not making any meaningful contributions to this thread. That reel is awesome, i could fish it now, i could also clean it an regrease it. But I’m using the service that i paid for instead and I’m sendind it in.

1 hour ago, shark lobster said:

How is it possible to assume the intent of his purchase by his post. 

You offend someone.... Then double down when they tell you what you said was offensive. 

Don't be a dick. 

Calling someone crazy for buying a fishing reel is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 

If nobody bought the first Gen, first to hit products....... There would never be ang products to buy 

2 hours ago, shark lobster said:

The Visser is the pisser.  

Rather than charging people for it, they should be paying these guys for the testing and QC work they clearly didn’t do.

I see folks wading out to waist level,with mega expensive top of the line fishing equipment.....the reel gets dunked for what ever reason...does the manufacturer say how many times it can be dunked and because it's stainless is it corrosive (salt) proof... Agreed you rinse it after every use but salt is salt and next comes sand an abrasive most grains shaped like a minature wedge.....I know some folks dunk their reels numerous times with no problem ...but don't be surprised when you get a problem....