Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

643 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Perhaps.  I don't know him, spoke with him only once many years ago (swapped permission to use a photo I'd taken for a VS plier) and otherwise only know him from gossip on SOL. I did NOT know that he's stuck outside the US, which would be a hair-pulling complication for anyone trying to set up assembly here.

How the hell is someone ‘stuck’ outside the US? 

On 11/26/2020 at 4:15 PM, Callmefish said:

Yeah... just sent him an e-mail. Not so happy, but not so mad either. I noticed a squeek last night when i was fishing.

I bought this on the 11th of november, so I’m going to go out on a limb and guess this is a warranty issue. 

lets see how they take care of me before I leap to judgment because honestly the reel is pretty awesome. 

HOWEVER

at the moment my penn spinfisher VI is more water and sand proof... 

there is a video on YouTube from “tackle advisor” I think. He had the same issue and in the end they did not warranty the issue. Hopefully it works out for you. Shouldn’t be happening on such an expensive reel that we buy to specifically avoid this type of stuff. 

2 hours ago, basshole918 said:

there is a video on YouTube from “tackle advisor” I think. He had the same issue and in the end they did not warranty the issue. Hopefully it works out for you. Shouldn’t be happening on such an expensive reel that we buy to specifically avoid this type of stuff. 

That is my reel in the tackle advisors video, he’s replacing it.

3 hours ago, Drew C. said:

How the hell is someone ‘stuck’ outside the US? 

Maybe a global pandemic with travel restrictions had something to do with it? Maybe?

4 hours ago, Callmefish said:

Maybe a global pandemic with travel restrictions had something to do with it? Maybe?

Dude has been there since 2010 :) 

I hope it all works out as it will be good for the community to have a fourth brand out there making truly submesrible reels.   I think at least some parts for Gen 2 are being machined in CT or at least the protypes were.  I strongly doubt RK has been stuck outside the country all this time.  I mean 14 days of quarantine and/or a couple negative tests would get him in, right.

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

I hope it all works out as it will be good for the community to have a fourth brand out there making truly submesrible reels.   I think at least some parts for Gen 2 are being machined in CT or at least the protypes were.  I strongly doubt RK has been stuck outside the country all this time.  I mean 14 days of quarantine and/or a couple negative tests would get him in, right.

Stuck or not he’s been out of the country. 

1 hour ago, Callmefish said:

Stuck or not he’s been out of the country. 

So did you get the reel?

Does it feel like Love in the form of an egg beater?

11 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

So did you get the reel?

Does it feel like Love in the form of an egg beater?

Nah not yet, he sent me an e-mail that they are ready to ship my reel on wednesday, and wanted to confirm the color, so I’m guessing next week. I’m not holding my breath it’s been 7 months, a few more days isn’t gonna make me order a zee baas.

25 mins ago, Callmefish said:

Nah not yet, he sent me an e-mail that they are ready to ship my reel on wednesday, and wanted to confirm the color, so I’m guessing next week. I’m not holding my breath it’s been 7 months, a few more days isn’t gonna make me order a zee baas.

Wait...you haven't ordered a zbass yet??? :) lolol

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, rbart said:

It lacks discipline and mechanical fortitude

Please advise us all of your qualifications to make that statement? 
I believe that you are forgetting that this guy has brought “all” of the truly submersible spinning reels to market … I guess he has some mechanical abilities.

Edited by smellfish

7 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Wait...you haven't ordered a zbass yet??? :) lolol

It’s not my fault they didn’t respond to my build your zee e-mail. (Like really, thats why…)