Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

634 posts in this topic

Just now, Goldy said:

Isnt the saltx left hand as well?

6000 is too big for my style of fishing amd the 4000 has machining issues that can potentially compromise the seal when switched to right hand return. So i veered away from it.

38 mins ago, Goldy said:

You gotta tag scoob for a call out. @scoobydoo

he just wrote a raving review.  

No reason to call out Scooby. He likes the design and his sample is full of substandard parts.

How many of us have machinist friends who can be called upon to make new bearings? 

1 min ago, BrianBM said:

No reason to call out Scooby. He likes the design and his sample is full of substandard parts.

How many of us have machinist friends who can be called upon to make new bearings? 

Yeah i forgot about that. He did say he was going to have his friends make mew parts

when youre the man, youre the man. 

5 mins ago, ASrod said:

Honestly paying $20 to ship a new reel sucks. Should just exchange it for a new one and let the shop handle the repair BS.

Shops may not have inventory. 

44 mins ago, Goldy said:

You gotta tag scoob for a call out. @scoobydoo

he just wrote a raving review.  

Sure... Call me out for. 

Posting all my issues. 

Sharing the extent of my use 

Sharing issues of others 

Stating its a Rob K design and with that come issues... And buy it only if you are able to afford down time. And like being an early adopter. 

Sharing my opinion on its design being the most impressive to debut in 2020 (which doesn't mean best) 

The gentleman who started this thread. Is also the person who dm'ed on instagram.  Who joined to participate after I told him I put his discovery out to the community..... 

So call me out for what exactly? 

13 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Sure... Call me out for. 

Posting all my issues. 

Sharing issues of others 

Stating its a Rob K design and with that come issues... And buy it only if you are able to afford down time. And like being an early adopter. 

Sharing my opinion on its design being the most impressive to debut in 2020 (which doesn't mean best) 

The gentleman who started this thread. Is also the person who dm'ed on instagram.  Who joined to participate after I told him I put his discovery out to the community..... 

That came out wrong on my end. Tag for a call out meant to get you in on thread. He did t @ you thats all. 

yeah i knew he is a new member.  Im sure this will all work out for him in the end

13 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Sure... Call me out for. 

Posting all my issues. 

Sharing issues of others 

Nope that wasn’t me to dm you on instagram. But close enough I joined this forum because of you visser posts i found while researching a reel. Basically the same thing. 

i like my visser No.5. Like, alot. I want it fixed and I want it back.

paying $600 for a reel sucks. Paying $20 to get my reel fixed isn’t that big of a deal to me  I have like 10 other ones i can fish with.

48 mins ago, Callmefish said:

Nope that wasn’t me to dm you on instagram. But close enough I joined this forum because of you visser posts i found while researching a reel. Basically the same thing. 

i like my visser No.5. Like, alot. I want it fixed and I want it back.

paying $600 for a reel sucks. Paying $20 to get my reel fixed isn’t that big of a deal to me  I have like 10 other ones i can fish with.

Lol.. Whoops... My apologies brotha... I confused ya with AlexOrtega (you posted right before him in the glitch thread... 

One thing to take into consideration... 

With the defect... There may be a fix already for it that will be applied.  Not just a reel sitting on the shelf which will eventually suffer the same fate. 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

That came out wrong on my end. Tag for a call out meant to get you in on thread. He did t @ you thats all. 

yeah i knew he is a new member.  Im sure this will all work out for him in the end

And my reply came out wrong as well.  That's what I sorta meant... And questioned. 

But was typing quickly before heading out the door to head home from too much turkey..lol

I did want to make it clear though to others who will be reading this ... That I'm not here to make friends with manufacturers.. :)

Edited by scoobydoo

7 hours ago, ASrod said:

Word on the street is that a lefty model of the VR is coming soon. very soon.

RK sold those many years ago when they were released as Subaqua. What is the delay for?

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Pretty sure that's not just oxidized lube.. I had very little grease discoloration.  

GED KNOWS SEALED SURF REELS BETTER THAN 99.999% OF THE POPULATION. 

I can't tell it that's rust or not.. And where did it come from? Residue left from machining? Or the gear itself? Tough to tell if the drops are water or grease.. 

That sucks... 

Some stainless will rust, 17-4 for example would hold up better to salt water exposure. Then again, I am not sure RK would use a stainless that is almost twice the cost if the seals should prevent water intrusion in the first place. 

10 hours ago, Callmefish said:

Scoobydoo or any other reel expert out there.

i’m no gearhead but I’m pretty sure grease should only be one color right?

stainlees steel isn’t supposed to be brown either right?

9B1B5FBF-F1EC-4F7A-953A-0D058A54C686.jpeg

image.jpg

in my book there should be more grease in there than that.

the brown color?,,well ya got me since I am not an expert.

I'd def clean it out and regrease it.

any roughness?

HH