Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

Callmefish

8 mins ago, pakalolo said:

By original I mean a “regular” VS , not the newer crap they have come out with. 

That is the original VS300, or US Surf 300 as it was known before RK went to market with the reel himself. 

I think mine had the original receipt date of 1993. 

Edited by ged

3 mins ago, ged said:

That is the original VS300, or US Surf 300 as it was known before RK went to market with the reel himself. 

I think mine had the original receipt date of 1993. 

*jots down notes* look for 27 year old reel in a left handed version  that does not exist, check.

...I’ll get right on that!

Edited by Callmefish
I can’t type on this stupid phone

2 mins ago, Callmefish said:

*jots down notes* look for 27 year old reel in a left handed version  that does not exist, check.

All this talk of left handedness has me wondering - which shoulder do you cast over?

Are you a hand switcher? Or does the handle + butt of the rod stay in your right hand? 

Just now, Saltfruit said:

All this talk of left handedness has me wondering - which shoulder do you cast over?

Are you a hand switcher? Or does the handle + butt of the rod stay in your right hand? 

You mean my left hand? Left handed reels are right hand return. I cast over my left shoulder rod stays in my left hand. 

1 min ago, Callmefish said:

You mean my left hand? Left handed reels are right hand return. I cast over my left shoulder rod stays in my left hand. 

Sorry that was unclear.

Reel handle* + butt of rod.

Obviously the reel seat and reel stem stay in your left.

A true lefty then.

Not one of those sickos who casts and then switches hands.

14 hours ago, Callmefish said:

I own 4 left handed VS models.  They are out there, you just need to be patient and you'll eventually find one.  The ZB is an option, but I could only guess how long it would take for them to actually make it.  I have heard getting a reel from them is a terrible process. 

It all started last year during a terrible thunderstorm, when I locked myself out of the house. Shelving myself with a large piece of sheet metal, I ran for cover under the tallest tree I could find!

This has been going on for almost a month now. Can’t believe that RK has not again reached out to Callmefish . This is not great publicity for Visser but then again it’s publicity. Not a good way to start up a company that’s supposed to have a great product and customer service. This whole tread has people running away from Visser not wanting one. I took it off my Christmas list.

16 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Sorry that was unclear.

Reel handle* + butt of rod.

Obviously the reel seat and reel stem stay in your left.

A true lefty then.

Not one of those sickos who casts and then switches hands.

How dare you..... 

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

51 mins ago, Irishfire18 said:

This has been going on for almost a month now. Can’t believe that RK has not again reached out to Callmefish . This is not great publicity for Visser but then again it’s publicity. Not a good way to start up a company that’s supposed to have a great product and customer service. This whole tread has people running away from Visser not wanting one. I took it off my Christmas list.

He did reach out to me and I am getting a new reel. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:34 AM, Callmefish said:

Did we kill it? Is the horse dead now?

Maybe just get a Penn Torque? I love mine...all 4 of them. Penn's service is an industry standard and the reels are excellent. VS can't go left- ZB is prohibitively expensive and Visser failed to launch. Maybe someone should stick a fork in this thread.