Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

634 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, ASrod said:

Word on the street is that a lefty model of the VR is coming soon. very soon.

I’ll believe when i see it, thats not profitable. They’re either going to be left hand return only or ambidextrous. No money in right hand return, unless it’s stoopid expensive.

1 min ago, Callmefish said:

I’ll believe when i see it, thats not profitable. They’re either going to be left hand return only or ambidextrous. No money in right hand return, unless it’s stoopid expensive.

There's actually quite the demand right now. I was told back in September that they were expected to arrive around Christmas, but that's just talk between enthusiasts rather than anybody credible.

17 mins ago, shark lobster said:

Why would anyone buy the first run of these reels ? Id wait a year or so before even thinking of buying one !

Because I’m left handed.

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

There's actually quite the demand right now. I was told back in September that they were expected to arrive around Christmas, but that's just talk between enthusiasts rather than anybody credible.

People talking about this on a social media page doesn't equal demand. If there was demand they would have never stopped production. Only 10% of the population is left handed.

4 mins ago, shark lobster said:

I get the left handed thing but if the reel is having production issues do you really want it? 

Actually, yes. I also want them to fix the issues. 

the reel is a monster. I’ll be happy as a clam if they fix my seals and all the damage. 

10 mins ago, Goldy said:

You gotta tag scoob for a call out. @scoobydoo

he just wrote a raving review.  

I still agree with his raving review. I’m pretty sire he said if this reel delivers as promised it has potential.

So far I have witnessed on this forum one quick and speedy warranty repair.

Hopefully there will be another. I’m going to let them work out the kinks before I grab the pitch fork and torches. 

i’d like to introduce everyone to my pfluger asaro. I bought this thing like 17 years ago when $70 was alot of money to me. That reel has caught 1000’s of 20+ pound fish in both salt and fresh water. I put sone reel oil on it a few weeks ago because it squeeked. First service ever.

The bar is set pretty high for the visser. I don’t need a water proof reel to catch fish. I need a water proof reel that i can ignore and depend on like my asaro. (Thats spooled with 50lb braid )

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Callmefish said:

Scoobydoo or any other reel expert out there.

i’m no gearhead but I’m pretty sure grease should only be one color right?

stainlees steel isn’t supposed to be brown either right?

9B1B5FBF-F1EC-4F7A-953A-0D058A54C686.jpeg

image.jpg

Pretty sure that's not just oxidized lube.. I had very little grease discoloration.  

GED KNOWS SEALED SURF REELS BETTER THAN 99.999% OF THE POPULATION. 

I can't tell it that's rust or not.. And where did it come from? Residue left from machining? Or the gear itself? Tough to tell if the drops are water or grease.. 

That sucks... 

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Pretty sure that's not just oxidized lube.. I had very little grease discoloration.  

GED KNOWS SEALED SURF REELS BETTER THAN 99.999% OF THE POPULATION. 

I can't tell it that's rust or not.. And where did it come from? Residue left from machining? Or the gear itself? Tough to tell if the drops are water or grease.. 

That sucks... 

i just got an e-mail from robert, at 8:00 PM on thanksgiving telling me to send it in.

thats brownie points in my book. Looks like the ASARO is going to the beach with me next week.

5 mins ago, Callmefish said:

i just got an e-mail from robert, at 8:00 PM on thanksgiving telling me to send it in.

thats brownie points in my book. Looks like the ASARO is going to the beach with me next week.

You call them brownie points and I call them “ ohh sh*t points”.   I’m giving him brownie points if they respond the same way 6 months from now.   Really shaking my head in this blunder. 

3 mins ago, jsbergen said:

You call them brownie points and I call them “ ohh sh*t points”.   I’m giving him brownie points if they respond the same way 6 months from now.   Really shaking my head in this blunder. 

Giving them benifit of the doubt here. Sounds like they’re gonna fix it so I’m not pissed. 

19 mins ago, Callmefish said:

I still agree with his raving review. I’m pretty sire he said if this reel delivers as promised it has potential.

So far I have witnessed on this forum one quick and speedy warranty repair.

Hopefully there will be another. I’m going to let them work out the kinks before I grab the pitch fork and torches. 

i’d like to introduce everyone to my pfluger asaro. I bought this thing like 17 years ago when $70 was alot of money to me. That reel has caught 1000’s of 20+ pound fish in both salt and fresh water. I put sone reel oil on it a few weeks ago because it squeeked. First service ever.

The bar is set pretty high for the visser. I don’t need a water proof reel to catch fish. I need a water proof reel that i can ignore and depend on like my asaro. (Thats spooled with 50lb braid )

image.jpg

Isnt the saltx left hand as well?

1 min ago, Callmefish said:

Giving them benifit of the doubt here. Sounds like they’re gonna fix it so I’m not pissed. 

Honestly paying $20 to ship a new reel sucks. Should just exchange it for a new one and let the shop handle the repair BS.