Callmefish

Visser no.5 60+ hours of surf i think igot a problem

Rate this topic

643 posts in this topic

Scoobydoo or any other reel expert out there.

i’m no gearhead but I’m pretty sure grease should only be one color right?

stainlees steel isn’t supposed to be brown either right?

9B1B5FBF-F1EC-4F7A-953A-0D058A54C686.jpeg

image.jpg

Yeah... just sent him an e-mail. Not so happy, but not so mad either. I noticed a squeek last night when i was fishing.

I bought this on the 11th of november, so I’m going to go out on a limb and guess this is a warranty issue. 

lets see how they take care of me before I leap to judgment because honestly the reel is pretty awesome. 

HOWEVER

at the moment my penn spinfisher VI is more water and sand proof... 

That is 100% water intrusion. Tough to believe they are pressure tested when the obvious QC issues exist. I am sure you will get taken care of. 

It seems like the fishing industry is somehow not as concerned with initial quality as other trades.  This is a shame.  You are not a tester you are a consumer!  My Saltx faired much better and it wa about half the price!!!  

ONCE AGAIN I SAY, stick with your original Van Staals!! The only other reels I own are Shimano and Diawas, they're only used for fluke or quiet backbay waters and sometimes in the surf when conditions allow. I never wan't to feel like I did in 2010 when my ZeeBaas locked up on me when I was out fishing, uhhgg.... Needless to say I no longer own a Zee Baas and will never own one again..

I've said it a hundred times, I love the concept of this reel. But I don't believe that it will ever be as sealed and bulletproof as the VS and VSX. Not in its current state.

I'll be the first to say how great VS reels are, but I would probably be using something else if I had the option.

9 mins ago, prican1 said:

ONCE AGAIN I SAY, stick with your original Van Staals!! The only other reels I own are Shimano and Diawas, they're only used for fluke or quiet backbay waters and sometimes in the surf when conditions allow. I never wan't to feel like I did in 2010 when my ZeeBaas locked up on me when I was out fishing, uhhgg.... Needless to say I no longer own a Zee Baas and will never own one again..

Convince  van stall to cater to left handed people. 

i don’t remember even slighlty slamming another company in this post. But now that you mention it. 

Maybe van stall is anti left handed people. 

that company is useless to me.

2 mins ago, Callmefish said:

Convince  van stall to cater to left handed people. 

i don’t remember even slighlty slamming another company in this post. But now that you mention it. 

Maybe van stall is anti left handed people. 

that company is useless to me.

Word on the street is that a lefty model of the VR is coming soon. very soon.