allen sklar

looking back......

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Feeling nostalgic for fishing 18 years ago......2002 got my first digital camera........in those days my neighbors would tell me the week before thanksgiving if they wanted fish for the holidays......I could almost always fill their orders.....guess that's why there aren't any fish now.....miss fishing in foul weather......

DSCN1967.JPG

Really miss fishing in nasty November weather.  Wool socks & long johns in those waders...gloves and a parka...rain gear.  Yep, miss those days and the hardy souls you'd see on the beach.   

24 mins ago, smallbatch9 said:

Famous Earl and Unknown Eric.....a toast to two legends of the second shift squad

Famous Earl was one in a gazillion and is greatly missed by everyone lucky enough to know him.And that is a lot of people.Folks knew him everywhere he went.Hanging out with Earl was amazing.

14 hours ago, allen sklar said:

Feeling nostalgic for fishing 18 years ago......2002 got my first digital camera........in those days my neighbors would tell me the week before thanksgiving if they wanted fish for the holidays......I could almost always fill their orders.....guess that's why there aren't any fish now.....miss fishing in foul weather......

DSCN1967.JPG

CHANGE....its inevitable.

Some may still be doing it in not too distant States: but the weather has not been too foul at all this year.... ;)

At my age now staying awake for  the drive has been the worst part of it....

Edited by Jim DE

Out on the road today
I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said
“Don't look back, you can never look back”
I thought I knew what love was, what did I know?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

... Don Henley boys of summer

Yep I miss those November days also! Heck I was into choppers one year on new years Eve. Other than drum season November was my favorite time.

Also about Earl. I had just caught my first drum, a ranger had stopped and watched. He drove up north and talked to Earl. Well Earl packed up and drove down to me to congratulate me! First time I met him. Allen came by a little while later also!

Sure do miss stopping by Earl for a few minutes talking, always dropped off some bait when I saw him.

19 hours ago, StriperReleaser said:

I sure miss these two guys and Finrons jerky !

IRI3.jpg

Those were the night’s..... you should of been with us up in the SFZ when SOL first started!! Quite a few of the first Spring Fling in Jersey have passed... I still fish that area even yesterday. That first Spring Fling flashbacks often while I fish there now.