snooker

What's going on with Van Staal???

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a new Van Staal VSX 150 reel, preferably the version with a bail.  I can't seem to find one anywhere and the Van Staal website does not even show that they make it.  Their website is terrible, by the way.  Are the bailed VSX reels still being made? 

Also, it seems there aren't a lot of bail-less ones available in stock either.  Have they been having manufacturing issues because of the pandemic?

The local shop I go to has plenty on non bail versions in stock, and I've seen a bunch at other shops as we'll. Not sure about the bailed versions, I wasn't looking for them so I didn't notice.

All fishing manufacturers websites completely suck. I don't know what they're thinking. In this day and age it's amazing just how bad they are.

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

The bailed version of the X series has been discontinued to my knowledge. An upgraded and beefier VR series is in the works.

I hope they don’t beef that VR series up too much and increase its’ weight dynamic. That was one of its’ attractive features...

5 hours ago, snooker said:

I'm in the market for a new Van Staal VSX 150 reel, preferably the version with a bail.  I can't seem to find one anywhere and the Van Staal website does not even show that they make it.  Their website is terrible, by the way.  Are the bailed VSX reels still being made? 

Also, it seems there aren't a lot of bail-less ones available in stock either.  Have they been having manufacturing issues because of the pandemic?

VS was having manufacturing issues prior to the pandemic so can only suspect that it got even worse with it. Locally pretty much all fishing reels have been in short supply since Corona. Our popular shop here in FL had only a few reels in the Shimano case that is usually fully stocked and still waiting on the first issue of Saragosas to them. 

45 mins ago, dennysnook said:

VS was having manufacturing issues prior to the pandemic so can only suspect that it got even worse with it. Locally pretty much all fishing reels have been in short supply since Corona. Our popular shop here in FL had only a few reels in the Shimano case that is usually fully stocked and still waiting on the first issue of Saragosas to them. 

Supply is becoming a major issue....and what comes in is instantly zapped.

Shipping from overseas is another issue...tackle companies are forced to ship slow boat vs Air....so that's another delay.  Space on the airplane is $$$$$$ now.

Pure fishing brands appear to be the best stocked..Others a trickle.

If I recall correctly Jandh posted a WALL of VS reels on his instagram not long ago.

My suggestion to everyone....Search around buy what you want when you find it.

Follow tackle shops on instagram too.  See what their latest drops are.

I just scored 4 limited GG smallmouth patterns before they sold out as a result of that.   Their inventory vanished in half an hour.  Instagram is like an email blast letting their audience know what they have in stock and how much......it's the most effective marketing tool they have.......but thousands of people see it in an instant......inventories go out the second they're put in the system.

My one friends shop was flooded with reels....thousands.....that was 3 weeks ago........They audibled their black friday deals on monday due to lack of inventory......

It's never been like this.