2 night rentals around avon

Rate this topic

reeldude56

Most of the rental companies will rent the house short term if it is not rented for the week.  But they wont commit to doing so in advance. By that I mean, they wont tell you until Wed of the same week if the house will be available for that same weekend. Call the rental companies on Wed and ask. The other thing you will run into this year is that many of the spring rentals that were cancelled due to the lockdown moved their weeks to fall, thus not a lot of vacancies.

AMSA, NCBBA, OBPA, VSSA

• 4 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, pilotman said:

Now that's great news for my May trip!

When are you heading down? I'll be off May 7-17. Will be doing Portsmouth and HI. Just no particulars set yet.  And if South Point in Ocracoke is still opened, doubtful, may make a stop there also. 

live everyday as if it is your last, it just might be

14 hours ago, bstriping said:

When are you heading down? I'll be off May 7-17. Will be doing Portsmouth and HI. Just no particulars set yet.  And if South Point in Ocracoke is still opened, doubtful, may make a stop there also. 

We'll be there the 22nd for a week. Hopefully that new off-road access to the Point will keep the Point open when we arrive. Last year we walked at night from ramp 48 to the Point( Drum bite was off the hooks). That's a looong walk. :thdwn:  Hopefully one day we can do the Portsmouth trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to the hatching of a shorebird nest nearby, off-road vehicles can no longer drive to Cape Point. Instead they have to stop just 0.2 miles south of ramp 44, which leaves a roughly one-quarter mile walk using the Bypass Road to reach the very tip of Cape Hatteras.

Edited by Cephalopholis
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance.....Baffle 'em with bull sheet