jjdbike

Large SP & Mag-Darter: Any good?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Love the SP 15 & the Mag-Darter. I have the larger styles go both, but haven't gained any confidence I either. 

Have any of you found these to be effective or a time, place and condition where there earn a valuabe spot on your late fall plug bag for open beaches?

Thanks in advance.

JD

The smaller , original Mag Darter is one of my go to lures, but I have no confidence in the larger model . Adjust your speed and use twitches to entice strikes.

The SP has taken the place of my original Bombers as it serves the same purpose but definately casts better. An example is yesterday when the day started with a NE wind that turned heavy East. The crew I fished with were all throwing Ava's to get the distance and I never changed from the SP that I started with at 4:00 AM. Sure some casts went array due to the wind, but if you hit it right you would cut the wind and get sufficient distance.  Not bragging, but I out fished all of them by quite a margin.

16 hours ago, CharlieK said:

The smaller , original Mag Darter is one of my go to lures, but I have no confidence in the larger model . Adjust your speed and use twitches to entice strikes.

The SP has taken the place of my original Bombers as it serves the same purpose but definately casts better. An example is yesterday when the day started with a NE wind that turned heavy East. The crew I fished with were all throwing Ava's to get the distance and I never changed from the SP that I started with at 4:00 AM. Sure some casts went array due to the wind, but if you hit it right you would cut the wind and get sufficient distance.  Not bragging, but I out fished all of them by quite a margin.

Cool,

Was that the large SP?

JD

On 11/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, DragonsLax48 said:

Yea they slay2C893EA2-A1F6-489D-A1FB-469A4E4406F2.jpeg.5eba532497974b1c2dd3d8a722562eb1.jpegBFE5C73E-B96D-4BF6-910F-956E60CBC78A.jpeg.b450701def142c84440608a47c74ad4f.jpeg

LOL...If that's you....I think I bumped into you one night.

You were heading down to yell at an instagrammer...lmao

5 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

LOL...If that's you....I think I bumped into you one night.

You were heading down to yell at an instagrammer...lmao

Hahaha I dont know if that was specifically me yelling but I clearly remember one of my buddies doing that. There are definitely a few spots where I like to keep things quiet