Sandflee

Tyson Roy Jones Nov 28

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Roy Jones' issue goes back a bit - He gained a lot of muscle weight for his fight with John Ruiz...He won that fight, but couldn't shake off the loss of speed and muscle elasticity when he moved back down to fight Tarver and some other guys...The only possible thing saving him from being totally mauled is that both men are likely shot...could be very boring

Edited by albacized

2 mins ago, albacized said:

Roy Jones' issue goes back a bit - He gained a lot of muscle weight for his fight with John Ruiz...He won that fight, but couldn't shake off the loss of speed and muscle elasticity when he moved back down to fight Tarver and some other guys...The only possible thing saving him from being totally mauled is that both men are likely shot...could be very boring

Have you seen Tyson? He’s still explosive 

Roy looks like he has no muscle tone 

3 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Have you seen Tyson? He’s still explosive 

Roy looks like he has no muscle tone 

I haven't seen Tyson...but I'm guessing the Roy Jones' muscle tone thing is related to what I said above...He should never have taken that fight with Ruiz

It's all going to come down to who has the steam to possibly go 8. Tyson has a slight favor in my opinion since they are using chick rules (2 minute rounds). If someone takes a decent shot I'm banking on early stoppage.

I don't think Tyson is planning on going 8, if its really a fight, and Tyson is in the ring its a fight, somebody named Roy gonna get smacked. 2 Rounds tops till Tyson knocks him out, sooner if Jones isn't running.

Was originally advertised as an exhibition, Tyson don't do exhibitions, hope Jones knows that.

14 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Please, guys, hang it up before someone gets hurt. Not only is Roy out of his weight class, he might come out minus an ear. Maybe both ears.

Roy fought as a heavy weight toward the end of his career.

20 hours ago, albacized said:

I haven't seen Tyson...but I'm guessing the Roy Jones' muscle tone thing is related to what I said above...He should never have taken that fight with Ruiz

Def biggest misstep of his career, ruined him. 

I like Roy more than Tyson but I fear for his safety. It’s a tough call.....Tyson hasn’t fought in so long and his mind was always been his biggest opponent. If Tyson lands a few solid shots Roy could be done. Hopefully Roy’s defense is up for this fight. Who the hell knows. First fight I’ll pay for in years. Probably a waste of money we shall see. 

19 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Roy fought as a heavy weight toward the end of his career.

He stepped up to fight Ruiz, then dropped back down, got knocked out bad and that triggers a switch in the brain and became much easier to knock out, Tyson hit him it's goodnight roy