jjdbike

Windy Thanksgiving week. What’s in you bag?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

So I see some stiff winds and higher seas forecasted, though different sources don’t seem to be in agreement. It looks like a good deal of NW w/ some S mixed in. We have a full moon on the following Monday. 

We have sand eels, rainfish & bunker in area.

Open beach, what’s in your plug bag, day-night?

I’m thinking rubber swim shads, rubber sand eels, a big pencil, Hopkins, Avas, teasers, needles, mag darter, SP, SS darter.

How bout you guys?

JD

Depending on conditions the soft baits can be tough as can top water and swimming.  I having said that, I have plenty of options like bucktails and the tins you have mentioned.

I never tried this but years ago I saw a guy take off his tin and attach large lead sinker in it's place with a rubber sand eel above on a dropper.....extreme and strange but maybe not so much as he was fishing a teaser essentially. I believe Frank Daignault wrote about doing this somewhere.

5 mins ago, Frede said:

Depending on conditions the soft baits can be tough as can top water and swimming.  I having said that, I have plenty of options like bucktails and the tins you have mentioned.

I never tried this but years ago I saw a guy take off his tin and attach large lead sinker in it's place with a rubber sand eel above on a dropper.....extreme and strange but maybe not so much as he was fishing a teaser essentially. I believe Frank Daignault wrote about doing this somewhere.

I've tried this technique and it works like a charm...

4 hours ago, jjdbike said:

So I see some stiff winds and higher seas forecasted, though different sources don’t seem to be in agreement. It looks like a good deal of NW w/ some S mixed in. We have a full moon on the following Monday. 

We have sand eels, rainfish & bunker in area.

Open beach, what’s in your plug bag, day-night?

I’m thinking rubber swim shads, rubber sand eels, a big pencil, Hopkins, Avas, teasers, needles, mag darter, SP, SS darter.

How bout you guys?

JD

What isn’t in your bag lol. 
Needle fish and tins. Always a bucktail. 

24 mins ago, Gully said:

5 plugging bags with smaller or larger sizes of everything already mentioned. Depending on conditions, location, wind, etc...  

dedication 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, jeffapeikin said:

dedication 

Not really. It’s called having too much sh*t

Edited by Gully