jjdbike

Anyone use TA clip to attach teaser?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I use uni knot to exclusively to attach  swivel. I like to swap out teaser colors. 
Do any of you use a small TA clip for easy swap of teasers?

JD

Edited by jjdbike

I use them all the time with no issues and it doesn't seem to effect the hook up ratio at all  I know fly guys that use the clips while fly fishing  Go for it

I never have, always use a loop knot, I like the free movement. But I don't see why not, as long as the teaser has free movement.:howdy:

Someone posted a pic here not too long ago (Redgill thread maybe?) Of the teaser on a snood with a TA clip to the main line. 

I'm going to try that.  

My personal feeling is the less hardware the better. The Fish are either eating teasers or not, I'd be swapping plugs, RedFin-Bomber-Rebel-Danny, isolate the feed zone. 

Not a bad idea. This time of year Sometimes I like to see if the little guys will hit a metal lip. 
I might have to do this so I can take the teaser off easier. I have the very small TA clips too. 

if you’re not going to take it off a dropper loop is the best so it doesn’t tangle as much 

Edited by Nevanjn15

I do all the time and love it. A dropper loop may be easy..........but not as easy as the small T/A clips. I buy them made up with the teaser clip at a fisherman supply place in Pt Pleasant. It is all I use.........

If I think I'll fish a teaser, I'll tie a swivel between the braid and leader, then have the teasers pre-rigged with a TA clip to attach to bottom ring of the swivel. Nice thing is you can go from no teaser to using a teaser very quickly, without an empty dropper on the leader. Don't remember where I saw that, some video I watched. I always did droppers until I saw the video and now this is my preferred method. I'll see if I can find it with a quick search

Found it:

Edited by Sir Defyable
Found the video

I’ve tried lots of different ways and the one that’s worked best for me I learned from a John Skinner video.  It basically boils down to taking a section of your desired leader material / length and knotting the teaser on one end and tying a perfection loop on the other.  I do 8 inches of 40 pound flouro. 399B76E7-70F4-48DB-9361-D27317B89319.jpeg.d7eb2363a6cb3474ec7d8466312a88a6.jpegIt’s awesome because you can easily swap out teasers without having to tie a knot because you’re just looping it on the lowering ring of the barrel swivel. And the loop holds it off the main leader and I get less tangles than any other way.  And last but not least, I trust a  perfection loop a lot more than a dropper loop.