Virgin Question

Rate this topic

Brother Brian

15 mins ago, Tom T said:

Bring a ladder and walk on the wall next time :th: 

I'm behind you like a Greek soldier pal ...

15 mins ago, Tom T said:

I don't think you took enough wraps on that cleat :bucktooth:

I WAS BY MYSELF !!!!  Just like the first time I had sex so of course I overdid it :laugh:. Besides that polyP **** has a way of slipping...

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

11 mins ago, Kml said:

The two of you climbing a ladder to get on that wall. 

Please send me an address where I can have the go pro delivered to. 

7 mins ago, Tom T said:

I'm quite nimble

Pffffft, you wouldn't even need a ladder. Korkers def ..

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

That's one damn purty wall! Almost too neat. A breakwater wall I fish looks like it was made by giant kindergarteners, and there's plenty of rocks that tumbled off making a jumble on the bottom up to 30 ft away. I can drop a jig and feel it hit, move it and have it drop another 5 ft!  

That your togging sucked doesn't mean you or the spot are at fault. Tog bites are often just weird. It makes it hard to explore new spots, you have no idea if you're just there at the wrong time.

Edited by gellfex

4 mins ago, gellfex said:

That's one damn purty wall! Almost too neat. A breakwater wall I fish looks like it was made by giant kindergarteners, and there's plenty of rocks that tumbled off making a jumble on the bottom up to 30 ft away. I can drop a jig and feel it hit, move it and have it drop another 5 ft!  

That your togging sucked doesn't mean you or the spot are at fault. Tog bites are often just weird. It makes it hard to explore new spots, you have no idea if you're just there at the wrong time.

I don't have any electronics so I have to look for sticking up stuff. There are two of them and they huge and long.

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

I don't have any electronics so I have to look for sticking up stuff. There are two of them and they huge and long.

If you have a boat you can spring for a FF/GPS, hell, most of the serious kayakers have one. Pretty useful for all sorts of fishing even if you never actually mark a fish. Ex: finding good summer flounder structure and repeating your drift over it.  That said, most of the structure I tog can be seen above water.

3 mins ago, gellfex said:

If you have a boat you can spring for a FF/GPS, hell, most of the serious kayakers have one. Pretty useful for all sorts of fishing even if you never actually mark a fish. Ex: finding good summer flounder structure and repeating your drift over it.  That said, most of the structure I tog can be seen above water.

That's why this is so goofy for me. It's a boat geared towards drifting while FF. The anchor was underneath everything :laugh:. Gonna be a learning curve and the boat is small (15') so marginal days are probably out. 

7 hours ago, Brother Brian said:

Get the Navionics app.   Not a replacement but a good alternative in the meantime.   In fact I’ve used it as a replacement in a pinch.  You won’t know exactly what’s under you but it will tell where the rocks are and water depth.   Plus you can mark your favorite spots.   

Edited by notime
Typo