CaryGreene

Gents, I Wanted to Congratulate Each One of You & Say Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Thank you Cary, and right back at you...love to read your posts...you are a resource unto yourself :clap: 

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likewise Tim & we are so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people like yourself & Brian. 

 

You guys are true moderators. You do a phenomenal job keeping everybody calm cool and collected and also you guys don't overreact & there's never any attitude.

 

I've always been thankful for the tremendous job you do. Year after year. And here we are in the middle of the pandemic that never ends and somehow we're all still talking about fishing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CaryGreene said:

I just wanted to congratulate everyone here for being such a great resource and having such an amazing team camaraderie. I've been a member of the site for a while now and I wanted to thank everybody here for how helpful you are to each other and how cordial and kind you are to each other. VERY few places exist like this on the internet. I don't know many actually.

 

I have a special holiday season and let me be the first to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

 

Always remember to raise a glass to those who fished before us & always try to help beginners as best you can and also remember to keep being kind to each other. This will pay off tenfold. 

 

Also I wanted to put a special thanks into our moderators on this site for the awesome work they've done all year long. Amazing job fellas!!

Cary,

You have created such informative and entertaining posts, even people who know nothing about fishing enjoy them. I greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge, humor, skills, and passion for the sport. I say sport, but it's really more of a lifestyle. This year has severely limited, all but completely shut me out of fishing the salt, i.e. COVID. I live two hours from the salt. I'm a public school teacher, district lead teacher and on many committees. I am not exaggerating when I say I work 14 - 16 hour days. Reading your posts, along w/ everyone else's, has been a very nice escape and enjoyable pastime in lieu of being able to fish. Thank you!

11 hours ago, TimS said:

Thank you Cary, and right back at you...love to read your posts...you are a resource unto yourself :clap: 

 

TimS

Tim, I bumped into this site, net you and several other SOL'ers at a fall SOL get together at Bums one fall years ago. I'm guessing it was October on veterans weekend. The weather was mild and they had the doors propped open. I'll never forget we were sitting at the bar and an opossum walked through the bar like it owned the place. Some of the people I met there have become good friends. Over the years I've made several friends here and learned so much. Tim you run a wonderful site, it's clearly a reflection of who you and and your character. Thank you.

Thank you everyone and I wish everyone and your families and safe, restful and enjoyable Thanksgiving. Even during these trying times, we all have much to be thankful for.

Blessing!

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best to you and yours too, my friend. SOL is like home away from home. Also, SOL is like a good friend, always there when ya need him. :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, CaryGreene said:

I just wanted to congratulate everyone here for being such a great resource and having such an amazing team camaraderie. I've been a member of the site for a while now and I wanted to thank everybody here for how helpful you are to each other and how cordial and kind you are to each other. VERY few places exist like this on the internet. I don't know many actually.

 

I have a special holiday season and let me be the first to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

 

Always remember to raise a glass to those who fished before us & always try to help beginners as best you can and also remember to keep being kind to each other. This will pay off tenfold. 

 

Also I wanted to put a special thanks into our moderators on this site for the awesome work they've done all year long. Amazing job fellas!!

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.  Your posts are tops in your knowledge and time you take to put them together, 

Very much appreciated..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, CaryGreene said:

I just wanted to congratulate everyone here for being such a great resource and having such an amazing team camaraderie. I've been a member of the site for a while now and I wanted to thank everybody here for how helpful you are to each other and how cordial and kind you are to each other. VERY few places exist like this on the internet. I don't know many actually.

 

I have a special holiday season and let me be the first to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

 

Always remember to raise a glass to those who fished before us & always try to help beginners as best you can and also remember to keep being kind to each other. This will pay off tenfold. 

 

Also I wanted to put a special thanks into our moderators on this site for the awesome work they've done all year long. Amazing job fellas!!

Yes and May God bless America, each and every one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind words Cary; from one that takes the time for this all to work.

 

Quite often your post are so spot on there nothing left but hitting that like button... :)

 

Here's to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the holidays

Lou T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks Cary all the best to you....I'm also one that enjoys reading your posts and comments very much.  Also thanks for reminding me to thank those that run this site....been meaning to do that.  I don't have lots of posts but I've enjoyed this site for 8 or so years.  SOL leaves enough room for many points of view but it's not left to become a free-4-all for keyboard tough guys that enjoying stir crap.

Edited by Frede
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lou T said:

Kind words Cary; from one that takes the time for this all to work.

 

Quite often your post are so spot on there nothing left but hitting that like button... :)

 

Here's to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the holidays

Lou T

Thank you Lou. Not half as spot on as you have always been! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frede said:

Thanks Cary all the best to you....I'm also one that enjoys reading your posts and comments very much.  Also thanks for reminding me to thank those that run this site....been meaning to do that.  I don't have lots of posts but I've enjoyed this site for 8 or so years.  SOL leaves enough room for many points of view but it's not left to become a free-4-all for keyboard tough guys that enjoying stir crap.

It never ceases to amaze me what a solid group of people are on this site Frede. I thought with the pandemic, everybody would be going stir crazy and they'd all start arguing and fighting amongst themselves. But our moderators kept everybody on track & people showed their true colors time and again.

 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Frede!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaryGreene said:

Thank you Lou. Not half as spot on as you have always been! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

:wave: Thank You Cary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.