fiddler

Hawk identification

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

its a young cooper's hawk. cooper's have rounded tails and sharpie's is more squared off. in your picture, you can see the varying length of the tail feathers that will look more rounded when splayed out.

Sorry to take the thunder from you rocco....let me think, have you said nasty chit about me?

I mean, i see hawks of all sizes around here hitting the bird fedder birds....mothers.

Anyway, heard this crazy noise a couple days ago as i was walking in the driveway...

An american eagle  ( adult) fighting it out with this large black bird as they flew by.

Cool...never seen anything like it.

4 mins ago, CATCHnRELEASE said:

Sorry to take the thunder from you rocco....let me think, have you said nasty chit about me?

I mean, i see hawks of all sizes around here hitting the bird fedder birds....mothers.

Anyway, heard this crazy noise a couple days ago as i was walking in the driveway...

An american eagle  ( adult) fighting it out with this large black bird as they flew by.

Cool...never seen anything like it.

there's no thunder to steal, i've not said anything nasty about you to my knowledge. i try to steer clear of drama, i'm not on here for that :howdy: 

Just checking rocco. Everything cool.

Now, let us address this sweetheart Hugepile who has three daugthers but comes here with absolute chit about peoples wives etc etc.

I mean HUGEPILE, your oldest daughter is rounding the corner or is 18 no? prick.

Edited by CATCHnRELEASE

35 mins ago, fiddler said:

I'm leaning toward Coopers hawk but maybe Sharp shinned? I know there's a couple guys on here that are pretty good with this.

DSC_5232.jpg

Important question is how big is it? If it's big it could be a red shouldered hawk, if it's smaller it could be a coopers hawk, this is what my kid told me.

I kepted laughing at a young one who kepted landing on the feeder looking for birds to ambush.

I mean, this went on for a few days....the dope prob died of starvation.

Yep, richie that is another young stupid Cooper.

Edited by CATCHnRELEASE