Century Graphene

Rate this topic

RKG1

I recently ordered and received a Century Sling Shot 1505 from GetBitOutdoors. The company rep at GetBit said that Century told them that the blank would be the new Graphene model.  I received the blank without a rod blank brand/model label :eek: and now I am wondering if there is any way visually to confirm that the blank is indeed the Graphene model.  The blank is basically a gloss black with no apparent pattern or any other visible markings.  There is a bar code sticker on the blank that says SS1505 12' 6" SLING SHOT 1-4 oz, but no mention of Graphene.  There also is a number 060362 011651 and HJ144LB OR8.  Any way to confirm that this is or is not a Graphene blank?  I do not want to misrepresent it if I sell it.

I know I should contact Century, but I know there also are Century reps on this board who may be able to help. 

Some of the regulars in the Rod Building forum might know best.

But the authority might be @AFMike 

Edited by flyangler

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

32 mins ago, RKG1 said:

I recently ordered and received a Century Sling Shot 1505 from GetBitOutdoors. The company rep at GetBit said that Century told them that the blank would be the new Graphene model.  I received the blank without a rod blank brand/model label :eek: and now I am wondering if there is any way visually to confirm that the blank is indeed the Graphene model.  The blank is basically a gloss black with no apparent pattern or any other visible markings.  There is a bar code sticker on the blank that says SS1505 12' 6" SLING SHOT 1-4 oz, but no mention of Graphene.  There also is a number 060362 011651 and HJ144LB OR8.  Any way to confirm that this is or is not a Graphene blank?  I do not want to misrepresent it if I sell it.

I know I should contact Century, but I know there also are Century reps on this board who may be able to help. 

One easy way to tell is the blank finish. Prior to adding graphene the Sling Shots were a matt black finish, when we added graphene to the Sling Shot line we went with a glossy finish, so yes, you have a graphene 1505.

Hope this answers your questions.  Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions 

7 mins ago, Mahigo said:

If you do not mind can you please post some pictures of the rod blank?

It looks suspicious, all graphene rod has a BIG sign on it.

Why hiding perhaps he best technology at the moment ........

I will not buy this "graphene???" rod from you base on that information.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.20.31 AM.png

That image is of a built rod not a blank

Yes, I just have the blank not the built rod. But I did not receive the rod label that you have pictured in your photograph. I'm not sure why didn't receive it, that's kind of disappointing as you are correct, it puts me in a difficult position trying to sell that finished rod to a third party when all I can do is make a promise that it is in fact a Century rod and a graphene one at that. Century has told me that they are out of the blank labels at this time. Hopefully I can get one in the future…

I never got the blank yet and not sure what are the standards or any regulations in this area…. but using “graphene" it’s a very new technology in the rod manufacturing and it a must be showing some where on the blank for a few reasons, advertisement and warranty and so on…

(*member formerly known as 'Ricardo8')

18 mins ago, RKG1 said:

Yes, I just have the blank not the built rod. But I did not receive the rod label that you have pictured in your photograph. I'm not sure why didn't receive it, that's kind of disappointing as you are correct, it puts me in a difficult position trying to sell that finished rod to a third party when all I can do is make a promise that it is in fact a Century rod and a graphene one at that. Century has told me that they are out of the blank labels at this time. Hopefully I can get one in the future…

I think you should ask Century for it especially the blank is not free.
Or you can print Mike’s statement and glue it on the rod…

Good luck,

@AFMike   

1) It just occurred to me what the AF means in your name. I was moving the 1326 that Ryan built out of my truck and I noted the AF sticker - big DUH to myself. :banghd:

2) All this discussion of graphene is giving me a case of blank envy and a little bit of a stiffy. :wee:

3) Making me lust for an Elite 1-5 :drool:

Edited by flyangler

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

2 hours ago, Mahigo said:

If you do not mind can you please post some pictures of the rod blank?

It looks suspicious, all graphene rod has a BIG sign on it.

Why hiding perhaps he best technology at the moment ........

I will not buy this "graphene???" rod from you base on that information.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 11.20.31 AM.png

That is a built rod from Century in England. The blanks that we get from Century(the blanks that we have designed), do not come labeled with Graphene on them. 

If the Sling Shot mentioned is glossy then it is definitely a new version run with graphene.

It's your decision on whether you choose to believe me or not but beings that all things Century in the US go through myself and Ryan I'm pretty confident in my statements.   Plus the fact that we designed the 1505 along with all the other Century blanks here in the US

I believe you!  I didn’t mean to imply I didn’t.  I was just saying that I didn’t get a label with my blank, the one that says Century Sling Shot and the rod specs, ie the label that I would put on the built rod to show what brand and model it is.   

Edited by RKG1

39 mins ago, AFMike said:

That is a built rod from Century in England. The blanks that we get from Century(the blanks that we have designed), do not come labeled with Graphene on them. 

If the Sling Shot mentioned is glossy then it is definitely a new version run with graphene.

It's your decision on whether you choose to believe me or not but beings that all things Century in the US go through myself and Ryan I'm pretty confident in my statements.   Plus the fact that we designed the 1505 along with all the other Century blanks here in the US

AFMike,  
Your statement is ok that’s why I told him to print it and glue it to the rod to have a proof of the Century Graphene rod...
I think placing the sticker on the blank with the brand name, spec and so on who manufactured this blank is a BIG plus for you guys and adding Graphene word you are showing that you are using THE new technology then you have 2 BIG pluses. The same as Century UK is doing.
You should be proud of it cause not every one in this business can get the latest technology that is “Graphene”
Hiding this things is SUSPICIOUS not only for me but for many people…