R.R. Bridge Fisher

Ammo,availability & prices

Rate this topic

509 posts in this topic

Went to the range I'm a member of Friday. 9mm FMJ 115gr. was $39.95/50 rounds but $699.95 for 1000 rounds no limit. Last week the 1000 round price was $799.95. Supply seems to be easing.

Marc

7 hours ago, mml4 said:

Went to the range I'm a member of Friday. 9mm FMJ 115gr. was $39.95/50 rounds but $699.95 for 1000 rounds no limit. Last week the 1000 round price was $799.95. Supply seems to be easing.

Marc

Once the garage is completely full there just isn't any place to put more.

2 hours ago, big popper said:

at this point I'm convinced its all about gouging 5 6 7 hundred bucks for a 1000 rounds of 9mm range ammo is a joke! 

As always, it's all about what the traffic will bear.

Found some Win 209 shotgun primers at a local shop $6 per 100.

I still didn't buy them (have enough for a bit) but I guess that could be worse

Last I saw someone was gouging them for $10 per 100 - which deserves them being placed where the sun don't shine followed by a swift kick.

48 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Found some Win 209 shotgun primers at a local shop $6 per 100.

I still didn't buy them (have enough for a bit) but I guess that could be worse

Last I saw someone was gouging them for $10 per 100 - which deserves them being placed where the sun don't shine followed by a swift kick.

Shotgun primers were always overpriced in some shops that didn't normally sell reloading components as they were sold to muzzle loaders.

I just hope the component mfgers don't slack off and keep prices high.

If they keep pumping out, things may settle down and we could be back to normal in the fall.

My club finally  got in a pretty good supply of powder from Alliant after being out for a month and a half .  Prices went up about 10%.  No powder from Hodgdon at all.  Still no primers.  The last shipment they got included Cheddite 209s, which some guns really don't like. Shot is over $40/bag.

16 hours ago, Fish4Fun said:

My club finally  got in a pretty good supply of powder from Alliant after being out for a month and a half .  Prices went up about 10%.  No powder from Hodgdon at all.  Still no primers.  The last shipment they got included Cheddite 209s, which some guns really don't like. Shot is over $40/bag.

Wonder why the shortage on Hodgdon?

Last September it was showing back up on Bass Pro / Cabelas shelves.

And had always been in stock at several of my favorite shops when I last visited in December. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 hours ago, Steve_in_PA said:

Wonder why the shortage on Hodgdon?

Last September it was showing back up on Bass Pro / Cabelas shelves.

And had always been in stock at several of my favorite shops when I last visited in December. 

Not sure.  We have been pretty well stocked until March/April.  There was a tinge of panic buying, which depleted our Powder vault.  At least we are holding some inventory.  Typically, some of the more popular powders have anywhere from 5 to 15 jugs in inventory.  This is predominantly a shotgun club.

Capture.PNG.03a107049e5bc038e2e320f6b81edff3.PNG

Edited by Fish4Fun
double entry

Interesting but I'd like to know what all that extra weight means in extra powder volume and barrel pressures

it's starting to come back

Looking at 115gr 9mm brass-cased ball ammo as a proxy

It was over $1/round at peak

Now I'm seeing ads for $0.40 to $0.70 per round.

There was a ton of ammo at the gun show this past weekend. Prices were still high, but the supply is there.  As long as people keep being stupid and buying at the inflated prices the retailers will not lower them.

I am seeing 9 and .223 a lot cheaper than the last few months on Ammoseek lately.