cityevader

Alternative to waders

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

So I have a medical condition that requires me to be extremely hydrated, thus necessitating frequent peeing. 

Winter is about here and I want to stay warm without waders. My normal garb is Columbia fishing pants that are quite thin. 

I assume wool is the only warm-while-wet material for thermals... Is there any other material or setup you folks know of? 

I haven't found it too difficult to pee while wearing waders.  I wear a tiderunner surfbelt and attach my plug bag to the surfbelt.  So, I loosen the surfbelt, remove the shoulder strap from my plug bag and then drop waders to knee height.  Pee as normal and back to the surf.

2 solutions. Have someone install a waterproof zipper in your waders. Or open the wallet wide and buy a drysuit, many come with relief zippers. Drysuits have many other charms too, I've been baffled why surfcasters aren't bigger fans and wear drytops with their waders. Tradition?

um - is there a way to rig up something *in* your suit, to pee into, and a tube going ---- well --- down and out, or simply out? i no it sounds wacky, but since i assume you gotta pee quite frequently, at least no one will no what you're doing. or it won't be obvious, at least, and might make your fishing experience easier....

On 11/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, cityevader said:

So I have a medical condition that requires me to be extremely hydrated, thus necessitating frequent peeing. 

Winter is about here and I want to stay warm without waders. My normal garb is Columbia fishing pants that are quite thin. 

I assume wool is the only warm-while-wet material for thermals... Is there any other material or setup you folks know of? 

Simms has a line of waders with a full length zipper that will enable you to hang it out when nature calls. Otherwise a wetsuit. 

On 11/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, TedSki said:

I haven't found it too difficult to pee while wearing waders.  I wear a tiderunner surfbelt and attach my plug bag to the surfbelt.  So, I loosen the surfbelt, remove the shoulder strap from my plug bag and then drop waders to knee height.  Pee as normal and back to the surf.

TMI

My beaches, unless it's storming, are usually quite busy with other folks and no "cover" to speak of; whipping it out is extraordinarily rare. 

Since I'm always knee/thigh deep in water and the fishing pants aren't cotton, carefree peeing the pants is the routine. 

But I'd like to do more winter fishing this year, and staying warmer would be nice. Maybe Santa will bring me some wool Merinos this year. 

I believe a man named Bill Anderson out of Central PA has developed what’s called “EZ-P” and will install it into your waders for $80. Not sure if this helps or not but it’s pretty cool.