ovenrat

CRC vs WD 40

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

WD 40, for the fiftieth time, is NOT a lubricant. W stands for water, and D stands for displacement. The 40 is because it was the inventors 40th attempt.

It's made to chase water from an area, and then it dries up.

CRC makes many different products. I would not doubt that they make one that would do what you want. 

39 mins ago, ovenrat said:

gotta pick some brains today .....

they're not the same are they ? .....which should I use to spray down  my snow blower ?

which lubricates better ?  

All we use in my shop is "Deep Creep" made by Seafoam.  Have been using it for at least 30 years, give it a try...........................

7 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

WD 40, for the fiftieth time, is NOT a lubricant. W stands for water, and D stands for displacement. The 40 is because it was the inventors 40th attempt.

It's made to chase water from an area, and then it dries up.

CRC makes many different products. I would not doubt that they make one that would do what you want. 

checked CRC's website .....there are like 50 different CRC's

what did I start ?  :laugh:

I contacted them on which I should use on my snow blower, I'll post what they suggested .....

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

You spray down your entire snowblower?  Why don't you wax it?

no.....just both sides of the auger at the housing, driveshaft  etc.

I use 100% silicone not oil based silicone sprays.  But what also helps is to let the blower cool down to outside temp for several minutes before blowing snow. My blower comes from a heated garage and if I start blowing before allowing it to adjust to outside temp snow melts then freezes then it's a PITA to clean off when done.

well,  CRC got back to me .....

Thank you for choosing CRC Products. For the chute and blades we would recommend a spray silicone. This will help prevent snow and ice buildup. For the All of the other moving parts that do not have grease fittings, you can use Powerlube or 3-36.

image_505600_1_20411_1_494038.jpg

image_505600_1_20411_1_493808.jpg