Looking for a spinning reel for tog.

Rate this topic

justtrynafish

On 11/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, Sparky said:

Y's boudoir must be resplendent with a California king bed consisting of bad-memory foam

There is a surcharge for hemispheric dominance ..

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

On 11/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, squidder 329 said:

He's not pompous, like so many and he fishes quality waters, I'd be there if I could afford it. He does underwater video's which are very enlightening he kayaks, boat fishes, surf fishes and dock fishes. Would catching tog from the beach making him a tog whisperer? I think so.

I know who he is. I'm busting balls. That's what I do, it's my specialty. I bust everyones balls whether I know you or not.

You ever watch hunting and fishing shows? You think those guys hunt and fish the same places we do? I think not.

Put Skinner on a party boat with 40 other guys where he has no control on where the boat anchors and then we can see how he does in the real world. I don't know the man and I have no ill will towards hlm but he's not a god.

He's good at what he does. So am I. I don't need to write a book but a video would be entertaining.

Take him to sandy hook and I'll bet he can't catch a tog in the surf. No jetty's allowed.

The Magnificent Presence

On 11/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, mickrazz said:

I know who he is. I'm busting balls. That's what I do, it's my specialty. I bust everyones balls whether I know you or not.

You ever watch hunting and fishing shows? You think those guys hunt and fish the same places we do? I think not.

Put Skinner on a party boat with 40 other guys where he has no control on where the boat anchors and then we can see how he does in the real world. I don't know the man and I have no ill will towards hlm but he's not a god.

He's good at what he does. So am I. I don't need to write a book but a video would be entertaining.

Take him to sandy hook and I'll bet he can't catch a tog in the surf. No jetty's allowed.

Do you really think that paying a party boat to drive you to a spot and telling you when to drop your line takes more skill than finding your own spot, anchoring over it correctly and then catching fish. 
:point:

On 11/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, Mike said:

Get a 4k or 5k reel. 2500s will last a bit but are doomed to fail. 

the penn battle 3000 has the same internals and crank as the 4000 (4000 has more line cap).  the next gear sizes up are the 5000/6000 (same internals and crank - 6000 has more line cap)

10 mins ago, jon_elc said:

the penn battle 3000 has the same internals and crank as the 4000 (4000 has more line cap).  the next gear sizes up are the 5000/6000 (same internals and crank - 6000 has more line cap)

Same $100 reel crap aluminum main gear?

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

48 mins ago, z-man said:

Do you really think that paying a party boat to drive you to a spot and telling you when to drop your line takes more skill than finding your own spot, anchoring over it correctly and then catching fish. 
:point:

Mick will speak for himself, and I look forward to it!

But the point is exactly the one you make.  Go to a big spot that can fish a party boat and has been pounded for weeks with 50 other people on the boat.  Let's see him pull them up at the rate he does on his videos and what percentage of fish he puts in the boat compared to the regulars.

(I like Skinner and enjoy his videos, btw)  

On 11/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, mickrazz said:

Put Skinner on a party boat with 40 other guys where he has no control on where the boat anchors and then we can see how he does in the real world. 

a video would be entertaining.

I agree, lets see him arse hook a tog !!!!!

Oh and he says, the quick vertical jigging, yea, well, there were days that I was jigging like a retarded midget on speed, and the effing bite suxd. I use the same rig and tip it some time times with meat. I have the same rod. How many trips did he make till they finally hit on a day when they bit right ???

A cooking video of you, making your holiday brine doosh, with an elf hat on , would be entertaining !!!!!:p

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

Mick will speak for himself, and I look forward to it!

But the point is exactly the one you make.  Go to a big spot that can fish a party boat and has been pounded for weeks with 50 other people on the boat.  Let's see him pull them up at the rate he does on his videos and what percentage of fish he puts in the boat compared to the regulars.

(I like Skinner and enjoy his videos, btw)  

Zactlky !!!!