Heavy Seas

Hogy Pro Tails

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Here is an update to this thread with some time spent on the water with the pro tail eels. I haven't fished the paddle tails yet.

So far I've caught 1 on the 7 inch size but it was my biggest bass of the fall around 26" (which isn't saying much - I know). Yesterday they were hitting Ava's but I could not get a fish to hit the pro tail which I thought was strange considering it's a more realistic presentation. Water was slightly stained so maybe they needed the flash to help find it. 

I fished the 4" size a bit too with no luck. I'll bring out the paddle tails next time I get out. The 1.25oz size is smaller than I was expecting. The pro tail eels cast nice for plastics so I'm guessing the paddle tails will do the same.

i have had great sucess with the 3.5 and 4 inch pro tail the last 3 seasons,along with the Gags 4 inch paddle tail on a zman 1oz head.The Hogies cast alittle further.Typically i get 20 to 30 fish on one before they fall apart.i either fish them like a bucktail,bouncing the bottom or swim them like a plug