Heavy Seas

Hogy Pro Tails

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Love these and can confirm catching stripers with these. These have the barbarian hooks, which seem to be great. I would recommend it.

2 hours ago, Raak said:

Love these and can confirm catching stripers with these. These have the barbarian hooks, which seem to be great. I would recommend it.

The eels or the paddle tails?

1 hour ago, Heavy Seas said:

Both.  They look cool but I also drop more fish with them than other style hooks.  They hold up well 

2 hours ago, Heavy Seas said:

Paddletails ... I have not tried the eels yet. I was going to order but waiting as a friend of mine has a few that he wants me to try first

The hooks are great compared to most premolded soft plastics, I’ve had them hold up to over sized bluefin.  Straight and paddle tails will both serve you well for bass.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I originally just wanted the eels but ended up adding 2 paddle tails to my cart before ordering. Then I came on here and read a thread on the main forum that the paddle tails have no action unless you reel them very fast. 

Sounds like that is still the case but glad others have had success with them. Order shipped today so hope to be able to put them into action soon. Will report back after I've been able to fish them.

7" protail eel in olive over white has been my go to for the tiny fish last year and worked great this year for the bigger fish too. Holds up well compared to other soft plastics and better hook. My buddy did break the hook on a 30lb fish this weekend but not sure how.

IMG_3065.JPG

4 hours ago, Gully said:

IMO anything hogy is very soft. There’s a million different rubber options nowadays. 

These hogys are actually extremely durable, I was pleasantly surprised.  Most durable rubber with the only downside being that they are stiffer so have to get it moving faster to get the action you want. The hardware is also extremely solid.  Different style hooks as I said above but they are built like tanks 

Picked a couple up last fall, and first time I used them, they worked great.

White, White/Green, and White/Yellow. I leave the Storm shads at home now.

Funny, Bass only hit them when I slowed down the retrieve.

55 mins ago, fdhog said:

Picked a couple up last fall, and first time I used them, they worked great.

White, White/Green, and White/Yellow. I leave the Storm shads at home now.

Funny, Bass only hit them when I slowed down the retrieve.

What size are you using?