AmericanStriper

Spiderwire EZ Braid

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, Haycreekrambler said:

I'm with steve, spiderwire stealth all the way. I've tried most, and have always went back to stealth. Its probably 15-20 years that, stealth is my go to braid.

I recently convered from spiderwire stealth to  spider wire ultracast. Especially when using 30 lb test or lower. It frays less then stealth and has 8x thread count in all tests. Stealth only has an 8x thread in tests above 30.

Spiderwire is my goto. I will choose ultracast invisibraid over stealth everytime now. It’s smoother, better casting and lasts longer then stealth. It’s also more expensive, you should give it a try. 

Edited by Callmefish

18 mins ago, Callmefish said:

I recently convered from spiderwire stealth to  spider wire ultracast. Especially when using 30 lb test or lower. It frays less then stealth and has 8x thread count in all tests. Stealth only has an 8x thread in tests above 30.

Spiderwire is my goto. I will choose ultracast invisibraid over stealth everytime now. It’s smoother, better casting and lasts longer then stealth. It’s also more expensive, you should give it a try. 

Your not the first person to tell me this and I rarely use over 30lb test.

I'll have to try it.

Never liked Power Pro or any of the Spider Wire lines. Both are too inconsistent from spool to spool. Suffix 832 is far superior for what I have tried. I also tried the cheap J braid once. One outing and I stripped it off and replaced it with Suffix. You get what you pay for.........Every time I get spooled up with Suffix it performs exactly the same......

Edited by aae0130