AmericanStriper

Spiderwire EZ Braid

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

5fb012af1440e_20200921_2138341.jpg.e6b4df45f3bc8626b94c60607739a323.jpg5fb0145a7795d_20200921_21402621.jpg.185039ed5f2c75b92a8d334eac7c9043.jpg

Above is what the packaging looks like.

What do you think of Spiderwire EZ Braid? To me, it does not feel or look like any other braid out there. Photo below shows what it looks like (spool on left is mono). The lighter green and the single strand on right is the braid in question.

5fb013bf609b1_20200921_2137221.jpg.a100314ac22e309e1bf99202bbcd26b5.jpg5fb014709ab26_20200921_21402631.jpg.bd309fab2c8cc5cdcfe970c0b4061c37.jpg

Photo above shows the supposed braid construction, note how the strands are intertwined (like how powerpro is). In reality, the strands appears to be parallel to each other, as seen in the 3rd photo. I stopped using this braid out of concern that it may be unreliable. Do you think this is a bad product or even a bad braid to use?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sufix 832 is the only way to go IMO. Best braid available on the US market at the moment.

Edited by ASrod

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

Spiderwire 832 is the only way to go IMO. Best braid available on the US market at the moment.

Sufix 832, and I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, RWP said:

Sufix 832, and I couldn't agree more.

Yeah that’s what I meant. I was typing that all spiderwire was trash and didn’t backspace far enough lmao

Unlike many people, I don’t generally have a strong opinion about braid.  I’ve used and continue to use, Suffix, Power Pro, Berkley Trilene, J-Braid 4 & 8, and Fireline.  The one exception is EZ Braid.  Used it once when I first started with braid.  Simply horrible.  Immediately removed it from the reel.  Of course, that was not much of a hardship since not much was left with all the breaks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I vote for Spiderwire stealth braid. I beat the living crap out of the 30 pound test spools I filled up in April and when I wanted to buy more to change it out at mid season ( or sooner) it was totally unavailable because of the Covid virus situation . Back ordered was all I was told. No one could get it. So I had to fish with well worn line as late as yesterday. Great line! 

Edited by VanStaalSteve

I'm with steve, spiderwire stealth all the way. I've tried most, and have always went back to stealth. Its probably 15-20 years that, stealth is my go to braid.

2 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

I'm with steve, spiderwire stealth all the way. I've tried most, and have always went back to stealth. Its probably 15-20 years that, stealth is my go to braid.

I have a new confidence in well worn braid because of my experiences this season with S Stealth braid.  Great stuff. 

I love me some sufix 832. Most well-rounded braid in my opinion on the market. I’ve always been a regular power pro guy though before sufix. Has never failed me except for on select penn reels and my Daiwa saltist 5500 ( more the reels than braid). Spider wire stealth is a solid braid too. Other than the easy fraying and occasional break off due to laziness it’s a good braid. Strong. Casts better than most braids I’ve used. EZ braid is straight butt though. 

3 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

I have a new confidence in well worn braid because of my experiences this season with S Stealth braid.  Great stuff. 

Yeah depending how much I get to fish. I'll flip it in the summer. I've found too, that it being well worn does not effect breaking strength. Honestly, I stopped trying out different brands 8 or so years ago. I figure if it's not broken, why fix it.