Cast Away

What’s up with zeebaas?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

This is absolutely not a rag on ZB but looking for information. Has anyone been in touch with Zeebaas lately? I’ve been trying to get a reel since June. In the last two months I’ve  reached out weekly and have not gotten any response by phone or email. Can’t seem to catch anyone at the office either. Does anyone have any knowledge of what’s going on with them? In the past they’ve been super helpful and responsive whenever I’ve called or emailed. 

Edited by Cast Away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, 

 

I also have had trouble getting any response back from ZeeBaas. Tried to contact through their online form, build your Z, and called as well to no avail.

 

Any recommendations? In the market for a 25 or a 27

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cast Away said:

This is absolutely not a rag on ZB but looking for information. Has anyone been in touch with Zeebaas lately? I’ve been trying to get a reel since June. In the last two month I’ve  reached out weekly and have not gotten any response by phone or email. Can’t seem to catch anyone at the office either. Does anyone have any knowledge of what’s going on with them? In the past they’ve been super helpful and responsive whenever I’ve called or emailed. 

PM me your email Addy and number.. Along with your requests and I'll text him with your info tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, Cast Away said:

Sent. I appreciate it. 

ZB certainly have dynamite reels. But is this a company you want to invest your money in with regard to all the negative stuff you spoke of? 
What happens when you need customer support in any way? There is ZERO excuse for a company to conduct business like this and for me it’s always been a huge red flag about them.  
VS on the other hand is the exact opposite with their service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 mins ago, jsbergen said:

ZB certainly have dynamite reels. But is this a company you want to invest your money in with regard to all the negative stuff you spoke of? 
What happens when you need customer support in any way? There is ZERO excuse for a company to conduct business like this and for me it’s always been a huge red flag about them.  
VS on the other hand is the exact opposite with their service. 

I understand what you’re saying and it has certainly been a thought of mine, especially in regards to service. However, I do they think they make a better reel. Ron has been awesome when I have spoken with him. I like giving the small guys an opportunity the same as the big corporate guys and I believe it’s different business practices. I think VS also has its own share of history with not necessarily doing “right” by its customers with business practices in their own way, certain upgrades not backwards compatible, not included in newer models, can’t fully self service the reel on your own and they don’t readily sell the tools to be able to and so on. Quality control is another matter. Maybe they’re quicker to fix an issue, more resources for service etc. I’d also like to give some slack with the all the Covid stuff everyone is going through. I own a VS, have owned ZB in the past and going to give ZB a shot again. 

6 of 1, half dozen of the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my zx22 over the weekend from Ron. It was ordered a couple days before everything shutdown in March.
 

They were experiencing parts and staff issues due to covid same as everyone else (have you attempted to repair a VS lately lol - yeah been given six month time estimates)

 

That said, Ron was very responsive and open about the issues. Not sure he is taking new orders but I’m happy to help get in contact with them as well if needed.

 

I am concerned about pure fishing buying VS but time will tell. I had to email them about the service form last week cause it disappeared off the new web page. They did email it to me right away so that was a good sign.

 

per the zx22 I may just sleep with it under my pillow until the spring run lol. 
 

it gourgeous 

 

 

Edited by Bugbear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cast Away said:

Just wanted to say I did end up getting the reel and the people from ZB are a classy bunch of guys. Thank you Scooby for the help. 

No problem glad to have helped! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cast Away said:

Just wanted to say I did end up getting the reel and the people from ZB are a classy bunch of guys. Thank you Scooby for the help. 


so what’s ya get ? And how long a wait they talking ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wire For Fire said:


so what’s ya get ? And how long a wait they talking ? 

I would guess the wait would depend on what it is exactly you’re looking for but I’m not certain. I’d guess it’ll be a little wait regardless. I picked up a 25 with a little LE tribute, thin blue line. 
 

EFF9D48A-FD3A-4D1E-81BE-27D6CB33F8DF.jpeg

FAE4F2DC-8D8B-451A-AA92-9EFA2EE0CD46.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Cast Away said:

I would guess the wait would depend on what it is exactly you’re looking for but I’m not certain. I’d guess it’ll be a little wait regardless. I picked up a 25 with a little LE tribute, thin blue line. 
 

EFF9D48A-FD3A-4D1E-81BE-27D6CB33F8DF.jpeg

FAE4F2DC-8D8B-451A-AA92-9EFA2EE0CD46.jpeg

Nice man , I want the same but red where the blue Is . Pretty sick looking though . 25 is the size to have too, my fav .. good luck with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.