Steve in Mass

Election Day Polling Place Observations

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Was out at about 8:30 this morning to vote. In my town in SE Mass, at that time it took me about 10-15 minutes to cast my ballot in person (although with my handicap, the entire thig took me about 35 minutes getting in and out on the walker.)

The line going in was non-existent, the line inside to check in was perhaps 8 - 10 people for my precinct.

Donna went at about 6:30 right after the pool opened, and had the same experience.

By the time I was leaving, the line had grown to about double.

One Biden sign outside, bunch of Democrat local candidates signs. At least 4 Trump and Republican signs. People driving by mostly ignored the Biden Democrat signs, but waved and beeped at the Trump and Republican signs.

Was over in Mansfield on an errand and drove by their polling place put of curiosity, about 10:45 Am. Line outside was about 75 long, wrapped around the building, but seemed to be moving at a fair pace. Signage and reaction to it was nearly identical to what I saw in Foxboro. 

And my ballot went from my hand DIRECTLY into the counting machine................ :)

First time in my life I actually voted the entire Republican slate (the few that were on it), and only the second time I voted for anyone in either of the two parties.

wait, were we supposed to start drinking right after getting home from voting?  cause i'm way behind....  5 1/2 hrs worth of beers.  Figure I should knock down 6 beers right now.  :)

27 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Was out at about 8:30 this morning to vote. In my town in SE Mass, at that time it took me about 10-15 minutes to cast my ballot in person (although with my handicap, the entire thig took me about 35 minutes getting in and out on the walker.)

The line going in was non-existent, the line inside to check in was perhaps 8 - 10 people for my precinct.

Donna went at about 6:30 right after the pool opened, and had the same experience.

By the time I was leaving, the line had grown to about double.

One Biden sign outside, bunch of Democrat local candidates signs. At least 4 Trump and Republican signs. People driving by mostly ignored the Biden Democrat signs, but waved and beeped at the Trump and Republican signs.

Was over in Mansfield on an errand and drove by their polling place put of curiosity, about 10:45 Am. Line outside was about 75 long, wrapped around the building, but seemed to be moving at a fair pace. Signage and reaction to it was nearly identical to what I saw in Foxboro. 

And my ballot went from my hand DIRECTLY into the counting machine................ :)

First time in my life I actually voted the entire Republican slate (the few that were on it), and only the second time I voted for anyone in either of the two parties.

I voted early  on Friday in NYC, in and out in less than 10 minutes, saw one of my neighbors who normally works the election( as an election worker) and he said voting was heavy. Anyways this was not my normal polling place and I had to sign  electronically (assuming it was an ipad).

This was the first time I every had to sign electronically which I found encouraging.

Same here on the ballot, no one touched it other than me, from the folder into the scanner/voting machine.

My two adult children both voted this AM at our local polling place, they both got there around that 7 AM time space. They were in and out within an hour and said there was no line when they left.

They too, signed electronically which is a first. At our polling place we normally just signed the book, but again I find it encouraging that there should be a better audit trail with the digital signature and that have eliminated paper validation.

This I hope should eliminate the ability to vote twice as the same person.

Edited by fishinthedark

sooo my voting spot opened at 7am i was there around 15 min after i went in they took my drivers licence and checked me in gave me my ballot and then said the counting machine is jammed and not working but there's a tech on the way...ok. i proceeded to fill out my ballot and when i was done no tech yet!! so now there's 10-12 people waiting to put there ballots in the counter. one of the pole workers calls for support again and she gets off the phone and tells us to slide our ballots in the slot under the slot that  counts the ballot and the tech will hand feed them when they get there. YEAH OK. i waited another 15-20 min and guess what no tech!!! i had to go to work so i did it the way they said.