Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

37 mins ago, waltw said:

That school was out front of where I was for about 2 hours, a lot of competition throwing plugs when they have the real meat in front of them. 

Incredible footage.  I was there yesterday as well.  Pretty amazing school of bunker... 

51 mins ago, nam1969 said:

I just came back from a drive by. It has really deteriorated from when you took this shot. 

It is a churning mess now, legit 10 footers already breaking on the outer bar

E0259EAD-BABB-4284-ACC5-0E8B283ED1B4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Potato Caboose said:

I posted something about this earlier this year. Read story Maine had removed dams in a river up there and they have had  great herring spawns since. Know NJ did same thing but not sure or heard if herring spawns better. But sure were ton of juveniles last December 

Those would be river herring (blue backs). Atlantic herring which we can see in huge schools off the surf are much more common. I would assume the herring Long Island is seeing are atlantic herring.

3 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

Those would be river herring (blue backs). Atlantic herring which we can see in huge schools off the surf are much more common. I would assume the herring Long Island is seeing are atlantic herring.

we get bluebacks too

7 mins ago, SurfCaster01289 said:

we get bluebacks too

Didn’t say that we didn’t. 
we just don’t see them close to what we used to.

the old timers dropping nets thru the gates on the 8th Ave jetty, chit we don’t get to enjoy anymore. 

15 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

The Herring I saw in the Moco surf last year were blue backs. Bass love those things!

2 hours ago, fishless said:

Took the Advanced Mugging 101 class from Ringer over the weekend.  I'm ready to apply all that I learned. 

Two words 

ocean county 

or

monmouth county

or 
Atlantic county 

maybe 

cape may county