Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

Edit - Ocean County is enough ~ Sudsy

- 26th: two shorts took the bucktail flat wing teaser above diamond jig fished / drifted through the wash; both fish had sand eels coming out their mouths 

- 27th: nothing but a flopping bunker washed on the sand. No fish or bird sign apart from nervous water out of casting range 

water very stained both days

Edited by Sudsy

Duck hunting weekend on LBI with sons at my sisters summer house.

it’s a big island so hopefully this ain’t a spot burn. Wondered up to beach at 330 after hunting to watch son surf while I tossed a 10 weight. Nice waves, glassy ocean, a bit dirty and no love. 
did not get any better later when I fished under a moon light sky. Beautiful evening on beach. 

19 hours ago, LunaPup said:

Fished from 6 to 7am in SOMOCO and got nothing.  I didn’t see anyone else hook up on the beach.  It’s been super slow.  Hoping things will heat up

Recently picked up the ODM DNA 8’ rod.  Love it!  It throws lightweight (3/8 to 3/4 oz.) lures a little better than my 8’ Lami which I also love.  Definitely a good addition to my quiver.  

Just got the same one a few weeks ago. I was pretty impressed, especially since the price wasn’t too bad for what you get. Apparently they are the new up and coming surf rod company. 

OC 3:30am - 8am. Worked a stretch I haven’t hit since the spring. Started out very slow and did my normal walk 20 yards cast etc. about 5am I hooked into my first bass and didn’t have to walk no more for the rest of he morning. It was dumb fishing, almost every single cast. Nothing big all 18”-26”, in the dark it was 50/50 on a small white hydro minnow or teaser, when the sun came up it was only 007’s on a steady retrieve. A lot of guys on the beach but the fish were concentrate to one 50 yard area it seemed. I called it quits when the mugging got out of control. Going to nap and hit super hard today/tonight, unfortunately my vacation is coming to an end and I have to go back to the hell hole that is Manhattan. 

Spoke to a boat guy who occasionally fishes the surf around his shore home said tons of fish in RB. Nothing huge but lots of them. Fish being caught on diamond jigs. Maybe we'll have some fish in the surf for a while.

Fished from 5 am to 8:15 on several MoCo beaches. Only a shad to show for it. Good looking water and no wind. Out going tide. There are a lot of guys out, but I only saw one hook up, with a short bass. Fish keep social distancing, at least three towns apart!

No visible bait, no birds working, and a lot of fishermen getting close to going on the Fish Suicide Watch list.. 

Fished 5-8:30 this morning, OC. Been surf fishing for about 10 years now and got my first bass on a needlefish in the dark. There were some fish around at sunup and I caught 3 more on metal/teaser combo along with a few Shad.  Nothing of size, low 20 inches. Felt good to put a bend in the rod and find some action. Others were catching as well and I saw one double header hit the sand. It died out around 8. 

OC outfront 5am-9am. mini blitz. wasnt able to hook up but everyone around was. one of the guys told me he was using an sp minnow and i grabbed a few taps after but no hookups. threw bait and plugs. all the fish seemed to be under 30". not as crowded as yesterday which was nice.

1 hour ago, Whortleberry said:

Spoke to a boat guy who occasionally fishes the surf around his shore home said tons of fish in RB. Nothing huge but lots of them. Fish being caught on diamond jigs. Maybe we'll have some fish in the surf for a while.

They are not showing on shore in RB, been skunked constantly lately in the bay. Must be all boat fish and not that many boats fishing the bay so I hope they bust out to the shore soon. Good to hear there is something to look forward to.....thanks.

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Spelling