Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BigBen425 said:

@Acsurf they work great at night but they are really effective in a moving surf like @Local24 SSP said and how this mornings conditions were. They also pound through the wind really well and to be honest I personally hate throwing metal if I don’t have to.  I don’t really get to fancy with the retrieval, just maintain contact, and keep it slowish and steady. I’ve had great success on calm nights with a slow stop - go retrieval, they usually pound it after you paused the lure for a second and pick it up again. I’ve also fished needles like a pencil popper when sand eels were brought to the surface by bass. Very versatile lure.

Love fishing needle fish.  I find the hit so unexpected compared to other lures.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Late reports:

Last night, dusk 1hr SoMoCo. Great looking surf, beginning of outgoing,  light SW. clean clear water. Dropped 2  dinks. Skunk.

Took my time this AM and got to the sand at first light. SoMoCo, 1 hr, beginning of outgoing, water still clean, great looking surf. Problem was the wind was spicy out of the SW. Skunk.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!  Back at it tomorrow.

Tight Lines!

If you don't mind me asking. What make/company of needles do you like. I fished a SS sinking bone needle for two years without a hit. Of course,fish have been in short supply. I heard the hits are viscous.Thanks, Mike

7 mins ago, outfished1957 said:

If you don't mind me asking. What make/company of needles do you like. I fished a SS sinking bone needle for two years without a hit. Of course,fish have been in short supply. I heard the hits are viscous.Thanks, Mike

I have a ton of lures in my bag I’ve never had a hit on so I feel you! But for needles I have a lot, Gibbs, SS, Wallys, 24/7, and a few my grandpa made 30+ years ago that still fish well... I personally HATE tsunami needlefish and most of their plugs to be honest. Stay away IMO

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Got nothing in the rain early but gave it a go at dead low and picked 2 rats and a schoolie on a deadly dick

might try to sneak out again 

Any reason you reached for a DD? Not knocking them, I love them but they only seem popular around here for albies. Thinking maybe because they’re slim like a sand eel?

7 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

Any reason you reached for a DD? Not knocking them, I love them but they only seem popular around here for albies. Thinking maybe because they’re slim like a sand eel?

Can get out over the bar at low with a stiff S wind, i fish them with three quick cranks, let it tumble in the current and repeat, hits all come on the tumble. The sink slower and swim higher in the water column then other metals/tins

Moco 7:30-11:30.  Just two shad and a football shaped striper all on the teaser.  Nobody really out where I was.  Despite the occasional rain it was a nice morning.  South wind wasn’t too bad and calmed down as the day went on.  Water was pretty clear.  Not much bird activity.

Had a quick 45 minutes, 3:30- 4:15 pm. Went to my favorite spot. Great looking water, with nice wave action. No wind. Beach totally void of other fisherman. Had to make it quick, since my job is to totally murderlize the beautifully cooked turkey my wife made. My carving skills rival my computer skills! Anyway, I broke the skunk with a fat 23". He hit the 6 inch tsunami sand eel. Felt good to feel a little tension in the line. Hope to get out early in the morning. Have a medical procedure at 10 a.m. Happy Gobble Gobble day to all.

2 hours ago, BigBen425 said:

I have a ton of lures in my bag I’ve never had a hit on so I feel you! But for needles I have a lot, Gibbs, SS, Wallys, 24/7, and a few my grandpa made 30+ years ago that still fish well... I personally HATE tsunami needlefish and most of their plugs to be honest. Stay away IMO

Ok, Thanks a million. I love the way they cut thru wind and I don't have to work them hard.I also use them as pencil poppers. The action looks great. Mike

OC from predawn until 8:30, wind sucked but the water wasn’t bad at all, threw wheighted needles and A27s. Every color lol 1 hit that was weak and that was all she wrote. Skunk works killing my fishing time lately. Hopefully night bites stay alive a while longer, happy thanksgiving guys . ....