Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

I’m personally looking forward to the micro bass.  Lighten up on the tackle with light wire hooks that cause minimal damage.  They’re a lot of fun and you can have one on every cast style action.  I know many will look down upon that, but I say to each his own.  Most are catching shorts more often than not these days anyway, so I say you make lemonade out of these lemons.

If you were in the neighborhood you saw a show. Lot’s of participation this evening-even waved a few in to be part of the entertainment 

back out tomorrow although with the wind change its going to be not so good, maybe stay home

Edited by suntzu

2 hours ago, JimK said:

Last year the best fishing of the fall was from Thanksgiving to Christmas... I ran into a solid sand eel bite last 2 hours of outgoing this morning.  Landed more than a dozen bass.. 24-28 inch range.   Used this as a teaser and on the back of an Ava... Replaced the surgical tube... They loved it.

20201124_154332.jpg

Nice fly. Nice idea.  

i went a little heavy on feathers today. 
tied that for @DeeMonee   

07B96D63-7E3B-4B0C-9272-7C1400E91938.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

The last few hours of total darkness in the am in oc have been less productive than I would have liked.  With 1.5 hours drive on each end the mornings are easier for me but I think it might be time to switch to the night shift.  Getting up at 2 am for a couple rats is kind of brutal 

I’m in the same boat. I’m just going to get to the beach about a half hour before first light. Route 70 at 230 am is mobbed with deer on a mission.

27 mins ago, Goldy said:

Nice fly. Nice idea.  

i went a little heavy on feathers today. 
tied that for @DeeMonee   

07B96D63-7E3B-4B0C-9272-7C1400E91938.jpeg

Nice Goldy.... I like to tie mine a little on the sparse side to imitate sand eels... I've been attaching flies to the back of metal for years..very effective.

Late report. 
Midway through October my fishing was cut for 3 weeks dealing with the Rona personally and in my house. Sucked but made it through. Was able to get back out fishing 2 weeks ago and boy did I find the skunk. Fished multiple tides, locations, weather patterns and moon phases all to no avail. Finally dialed in this last Saturday night and found fish in places where there were no other anglers. 
my buddy got everything on the teaser and I got all mine on plugs. Missed more fish than we caught, but definitely bent the rod for a few hours. 
hit some tog on a buddy’s boat down south Jersey on Sunday in the rough swell, but they had the feed bag on. Had to work through shorts but got 2 nice size keepers. Will be creeping while youre sleeping again soon. 

32 mins ago, suntzu said:

Tie me some of those school bus teasers :)

Only if i can stand in Your boot tracks!   I meant that wasnt for deemonee but in honor of him the color pattern

Edited by Goldy

1 hour ago, plugchucker said:

I’m in the same boat. I’m just going to get to the beach about a half hour before first light. Route 70 at 230 am is mobbed with deer on a mission.

Great minds think alike.  We’ve probably followed each other more than once, I’m in the little vw diesel golf while my truck is stored down in south Jersey.  Tailgate me and I can roll coal on ya !

It’s really frustrating to get there and fish the dark for two hours and get nothing then start catching at first light.  Coulda used that sleep today 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

OC out front 3pm to 5.  small crowd but not too bad.  First 2 hours of outgoing saw 1 small bass caught and lost one.  Lots of fun with hickory shad.  Got 3 lost 9 or so.  The great content on this board has really given me a ton of info and I just wanted to say thanks!  Even got to fish with my sister today which we haven't done in prob 30 years.

2pm - 6pm OC

Was very fishy when I got on the beach, visible bait, beautiful conditions, and steady pick of shad. Bunch of guys but didn’t see anything but shad pulled out.

when it got fully dark I had back to back micro bass in the wash hit my sp bullet minnow. That was it. 

OC 5:30a to 9:30a, consistent slow pick of 20”-24” fish. Even caught a 10” flat brown one on a 5” blpurple mag darter before the lights came on... WTF... LOL!

Same place this afternoon, shad blitz was on with a few bass mixed in. Overall today  was OK, not a complete let down...

Blpurple Mag Darter

1/2oz jig head w/ ZMan Redbone TroutTrick

Brown over white teaser

Give it another go in the AM, even with the yuck wind...

37 mins ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Great minds think alike.  We’ve probably followed each other more than once, I’m in the little vw diesel golf while my truck is stored down in south Jersey.  Tailgate me and I can roll coal on ya !

It’s really frustrating to get there and fish the dark for two hours and get nothing then start catching at first light.  Coulda used that sleep today 

Two hours that I could have been sleeping. I’m thinking it might be time to run further south.