Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

530A to 730A. Birds on small bait after the sun fully broke the horizon and lots of dolphin passing through, some nearly in casting distance. 

2 hits to show for the effort, one hard and thought I was on but popped off.  

Took the drive to OC today, fished 4-9. Was dead in the dark despite rotating through a few different presentations. At dawn there was some activity in tight with what looked to be sand eels. I was able to pick one fish around 26-27" on a sluggo. Had another on for a second that came off. Fish around for about 5 minutes then gone. What's strange to me is not finding anything in the dark with the sand eels around.

Watched a blitz about 3/4 mile out for 15 minutes at 8:30 but never came in. May give it another go tomorrow.

The last few hours of total darkness in the am in oc have been less productive than I would have liked.  With 1.5 hours drive on each end the mornings are easier for me but I think it might be time to switch to the night shift.  Getting up at 2 am for a couple rats is kind of brutal 

Edited by Bluetaildragger
Typo

On 11/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, MC55 said:

I write reports for a couple of reason.  First, I do it for those who don't have the opportunity to be out there as much as I am.  I was that guy before retiring and loved to hear what was going on knowing Saturday mornings were my only shot.  Second, I hope I can help newbie's learn a few things about this sport.  Don't have it all figured out, but have been at it since my Dad gave me the bug as a teenager. I love this sport and have met some great people walking the sand, some of whom are on this site.  

@MC55 I wanted to respond to this the other day, but didn’t have the chance... thanks mc55 for your (and everyone else’s) reports. 

Your first point is exactly why I enjoy reading the reports... I don’t have much time to fish between family and work (definitely not complaining, I love my family) but the reality is, at this point in my life, i usually only get an hour or so at a time- usually very early in the morning before the kids wake and before work. I usually fish the same area all the time since I don’t have time to travel around nj- im blessed to live very close to the beach in Moco, but traveling to OC is not happening! 

Anyways, thanks for the reports and pics, it’s always encouraging. And sometimes helpful when you get that feeling (while at work) “I bet it’s going off right now... blitz on the beach...cows...” and the weather and tides seem just right - then i check this website and everyone is getting skunked lol 

thanks everyone! 

- Gill

As I mentioned to Goldy, I think we are in the late season stage of dawn and dusk bite, night bite shuts down with fish popping up here and there during the day where bait and tide warrant-things are on the move. Exceptions to all the above of course

59 mins ago, suntzu said:

As I mentioned to Goldy, I think we are in the late season stage of dawn and dusk bite, night bite shuts down with fish popping up here and there during the day where bait and tide warrant-things are on the move. Exceptions to all the above of course

Can you elaborate/confirm what I took away from this? That it’s less likely to connect as we get later into the run at night, and the day time bite becomes more productive? 

Edited by Oso

9 mins ago, Oso said:

Can you elaborate/confirm what I took away from this? That it’s less likely to connect as we get later into the run at night, and the day time bite becomes more productive? 

In my logs, and others may have a different experience, there is a point in every season where things flip from a night bite to a day bite; i think that happened this week

9 mins ago, suntzu said:

In my logs, and others may have a different experience, there is a point in every season where things flip from a night bite to a day bite; i think that happened this week

Also, soon enough, we’ll have an influx of microbass in the surf before it all shuts down until spring.

7 hours ago, suntzu said:

Conditions are flat light NW no roll or current and clean here. No fish in this area but there were miles away from here in the dark, shut down at sunup. Participation is high but since i got back have not seen anyone come tight

660A307C-F9FE-47F5-A40C-0A4D83C56E16.jpeg

Night bite last night...switched to day bite as of this morning... Hmmm..:laugh:.. I can remember times when they chew around the clock at this time of year

Edited by JimK

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

I’m afraid you’re right, from my own personal experience.  And agree with @Loudog about microbass coming soon.  December is almost here, after all. 

15 mins ago, GeoffT said:

I’m afraid you’re right, from my own personal experience.  And agree with @Loudog about microbass coming soon.  December is almost here, after all. 

Last year the best fishing of the fall was from Thanksgiving to Christmas... I ran into a solid sand eel bite last 2 hours of outgoing this morning.  Landed more than a dozen bass.. 24-28 inch range.   Used this as a teaser and on the back of an Ava... Replaced the surgical tube... They loved it.

20201124_154332.jpg

Edited by JimK

19 mins ago, JimK said:

Night bite last night...switched to day bite as of this morning... Hmmm..:laugh:.. I can remember times when they chew around the clock at this time of year

Now that’s funny :point:

But he is right, all fish I saw caught were between first light and sun up.  Just my little sliver of the grand picture though 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

I finally got out for the first time of the year Bassin in nomoco.

arrived at my favorite spot with a few others there already just at sunrise

there was very little wind to speak of and also very likely water as it was 2 hours before dead low.

i was able to wade out into the bar and work my way north a couple of groins.

i tried throwing a few things like SP, a jetty ghost sand eel and a top water all with a teaser but had no takers.

will probably give a Go again tomorrow just maybe an hour earlier

11 mins ago, bkupmstr said:

I finally got out for the first time of the year Bassin in nomoco.

arrived at my favorite spot with a few others there already just at sunrise

there was very little wind to speak of and also very likely water as it was 2 hours before dead low.

i was able to wade out into the bar and work my way north a couple of groins.

i tried throwing a few things like SP, a jetty ghost sand eel and a top water all with a teaser but had no takers.

will probably give a Go again tomorrow just maybe an hour earlier

RAIDERS