Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, suntzu said:

Went back out last of incoming, wind is laying down a little ocean is rolling but not overly dirty, caught two keeper sized on a large swim shad. Someone came running down the beach, stood 10 feet behind me, no one for hundreds of yards in either direction- I literally have to try not to hook him with each cast - went home. He is now fishing my boot prints  catching nothing. Had he stood back and watched for a couple of minutes we both could be catching fish now

oh well back out later 

Frigging bellringer. SMDH

Conditions are flat light NW no roll or current and clean here. No fish in this area but there were miles away from here in the dark, shut down at sunup. Participation is high but since i got back have not seen anyone come tight

660A307C-F9FE-47F5-A40C-0A4D83C56E16.jpeg

19 hours ago, bass-o-matic said:

Whats left if the rocks at Big Monmouth after the latest beach replacement. :-(

Along with a dangerous 5ft high cliff.

20201122_135957.jpg

If someone breaks their neck on that, i hope they sue the state and feds for creating a safety hazard. :beatin:

OcCo out front, 5-7 AM. Light NW, water like a lake. Nothing in the dark but came to life at first light. Large shad busting spearing or rainfish. 

A few bass to 24" and one very large shad.  5" slim rubber shad and purple SP minnow were the tickets. Quite a few casters out there but didn't see anyone  catch. 

20201124_081032.jpg

Edited by GeoffT

MOCO

Only walked this morning but similar to others... conditions are mirror like lake.  Water was gin clear on my stretch.  West wind still pushing a bit but nowhere near yesterday.

Observed gulls pulling some bunker to pieces in the wash but otherwise quiet.

PXL_20201124_124738144.MP.jpg

Late Skunk split session report from yesterday:

Moco, 45 min, NW wind, middle of incoming, chocolate milk water with lots of debris. Actually got a couple of bumps.

Dusk outing. 1 hr, middle of outgoing, water cleaner down South, bunch of folks there. Nobody bent a rod while I was there

This AM, predawn, middle of outgoing, flat ocean, steady NW wind. Same story from over the wknd. Tons of sand eels at daybreak but shad under them. Birds working all over. Pretty crowded but only saw 3 bass landed. Had 2 stinky shad. Snagging sand eels again. Might try back up north later if The Empress doesn’t have any demands.

47A0F7F4-FE57-4A73-B3E1-41EF6371F770.jpeg

Edited by DeeMonee

As other have said, it is like a lake out there and the water is clean and clear.  Was in that other county this morning and did find two and a big shad.  Lots of sand eels just not a lot of fish.  I only saw a couple more pulled out.  Went back north and gave it a going loosing one small one.  Riding home did see a pod of bunker in casting range and watched a handful of guys casting into them, but it was just a bunch of happy bunker.  Will try to give it another go later.

4 hours ago, bdowning said:

If someone breaks their neck on that, i hope they sue the state and feds for creating a safety hazard. :beatin:

I was there a couple weeks ago. Didn’t recognize it. There were only a few boulders exposed. Looks like they’ll be more. It’s like fishing off the cliffs of Dover...

4 hours ago, GeoffT said:

OcCo out front, 5-7 AM. Light NW, water like a lake. Nothing in the dark but came to life at first light. Large shad busting spearing or rainfish. 

A few bass to 24" and one very large shad.  5" slim rubber shad and purple SP minnow were the tickets. Quite a few casters out there but didn't see anyone  catch. 

20201124_081032.jpg

Weird.  OC shut off for me at sun-up.  A little before sunrise got a small one on the teaser. 

13 mins ago, Sam3631 said:

Weird.  OC shut off for me at sun-up.  A little before sunrise got a small one on the teaser. 

All fish were caught before the sun peeked over the horizon.   Most action was at first light, about 40 minutes before sunrise.  

Saw a surfer come down at 9:30am with flat conditions. Sat on his board for 30min 50 yards out. Tried riding the 1 ft shore break a couple times before heading out. I bet he didn't do his homework in school either.

3am-10am MC flat, slight stain. A couple little football's on a bucktail.