Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Heavy Seas said:

Was thinking to get out this afternoon into dark, do we think the water will have cleared up enough by then? Hard to tell on the cams and not local so any updates would be great. Was thinking to get out around 3pm

Just leaving now, water was reminiscent of my toilet after a night of drinking cheap beer. personally I don’t think it’d be worth the drive. But as they say-fish when you can. 

Edited by Oso

1 hour ago, Heavy Seas said:

Was thinking to get out this afternoon into dark, do we think the water will have cleared up enough by then? Hard to tell on the cams and not local so any updates would be great. Was thinking to get out around 3pm

I’m going to wait until early am.  It’ll still be a brisk NW and by then water should be clean.  

3:30am  MC until the lightning sent me running for cover at about 4am. Got out again at 7am -10am. Solid mud line with big surf and tons of cabbage in the wash. Had to time between sets to get some fishable water. water cooler as measured through the hole in the crotch of my waders.  Be safe as some tight series coming in and quickly filling to waist high. 2 hard bumps on a bucktail but no hookup. 

Did the OC thing this morning. Walked a bunch of beach. Nice cuts and bars. Water was big and a little stained. Tide started to flood and they turned on. 
AVA27 green tube and a sand eel teaser. Bigger fish hit first and then it was rats. Got into the teens count wise. Missed twice that many.

Eeeeels..........

B4833CBB-B2B7-4912-89EF-51372A819C97.jpeg

3 hours ago, bass-o-matic said:

Whats left if the rocks at Big Monmouth after the latest beach replacement. :-(

Along with a dangerous 5ft high cliff.

20201122_135957.jpg

20201120_102359.jpg.07b47607766c3c620af01042e4e98fe5.jpg

Your tax dollars at work :dismay:

OC 3pm-5pm.. dirty water, unattractive surf, nada. Felt very lifeless.

will head to a new area tonight for a redemption trip. Not getting that warm fuzzy feeling that I want going into Turkey week.