Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,209 posts in this topic

The water was flat calm in The Chesapeake Bay, got a few White perch AND this decided it wanted some shrimp for a snack. The hex has FINALLY been broken on my kayak!!!! I saw a few in the 20-30" range caught. I rigged up a rubber eel and nada. We will be returning to Fishing bay again next weekend, I can't handle back to back 6hr stints behind the wheel.

20201121_143513.thumb.jpg.191335f21df7602a1cb00c27ced842bb.jpg

Report from last night: 2 Schoolies caught at two different locations out front, 3 dropped.

Random: I stopped by at a river last night just to see how the tide was and stuff. Around 4AM, saw a big splash in the water. When I say big, meaning almost like a 20-30 feet long almost like something really big was eaten by something bigger. Massive swoosh after a chase. Then it stopped. I wasn't sure what happened, as I just saw the ripples and white water on the surface. Lasted for about 3-4 seconds or so. Then whatever it was, came around and another few massive swooshes in the opposite direction. Then turned again and back. Lasted for about 30 minutes. I was alone, had no idea what it was. It was far from me, but I had a bottle plug which casts the farthest, so I casted that in case it was stripers eating bunkers or something, but whatever it was, wasn't interested in that at all, sometimes the swooshes would happen feet away from the bottle. no clue what it was really, but it was an experience nonetheless, really wished there was someone there to see that and probably tell me what it was. 

Note: I couldn't see anything above surface, like a whale or shark fin or anything. Everything happened just below the surface with absolutely nothing visible.

Edited by Raak

Out front this morning incoming 6am-1130 good bite around sunrise 6 stripes in the 23-26ish range 2 smaller ones..lost a nice fish in the wash prob would have been my first keeper for fall. Got one on a white teaser rest we’re on tins and epoxy. Heres a pic of one

C2D2D6AB-05F7-48EB-8F3D-C8EC68C193A7.jpeg

2 mins ago, Raak said:

Report from last night: 2 Schoolies caught at two different locations out front, 3 dropped.

Random: I stopped by at a river last night just to see how the tide was and stuff. Around 4AM, saw a big splash in the water. When I say big, meaning almost like a 20-30 feet long almost like something really big was eaten by something bigger. Massive swoosh after a chase. Then it stopped. I wasn't sure what happened, as I just saw the ripples and white water on the surface. Lasted for about 3-4 seconds or so. Then whatever it was, came around and another few massive swooshes in the opposite direction. Then turned again and back. Lasted for about 30 minutes. I was alone, had no idea what it was. It was far from me, but I had a bottle plug which casts the farthest, so I casted that in case it was stripers eating bunkers or something, but whatever it was, wasn't interested in that at all, sometimes the swooshes would happen feet away from the bottle. no clue what it was really, but it was an experience nonetheless, really wished there was someone there to see that and probably tell me what it was. 

Note: I couldn't see anything above surface, like a whale or shark fin or anything. Everything happened just below the surface with absolutely nothing visible.

Could’ve been a seal

Possible. It's hard to explain but what I heard only on the first swoosh was definitely a chase. Something was trying to swim away but was caught by a predator. You know what I mean? it can certainly be a seal as the predator or the prey. I am usually never alone and surrounded by some really experienced folks, but it just had to be this moment when I was alone and will always wonder what was it :) 

30 mins ago, Raak said:

Possible. It's hard to explain but what I heard only on the first swoosh was definitely a chase. Something was trying to swim away but was caught by a predator. You know what I mean? it can certainly be a seal as the predator or the prey. I am usually never alone and surrounded by some really experienced folks, but it just had to be this moment when I was alone and will always wonder what was it :) 

Just enjoy nature and always wonder what it was

26 mins ago, Raak said:

Not sure if this would be a spot burn? But I’ll test the water.....

2nd week of October myself and another SOLer were at the highlands bridge on diksleds. Buddy saw some giant splashes 100ft behind us. Assumed it was bass but couldn’t connect. Forget about it for 20min. I’m re-tying a rod, no more then 20ft from me I hear a blow hole “spout”. Damn near painted the boat brown.
Kept my eyes peeled for a few minutes. It was several harbor porpoise working the bridge. First time I ever saw them.  

Maybe ya saw them? They definitely aren’t 20-30ft long tho. 

1 hour ago, Local24 SSP said:

Not sure if this would be a spot burn? But I’ll test the water.....

2nd week of October myself and another SOLer were at the highlands bridge on diksleds. Buddy saw some giant splashes 100ft behind us. Assumed it was bass but couldn’t connect. Forget about it for 20min. I’m re-tying a rod, no more then 20ft from me I hear a blow hole “spout”. Damn near painted the boat brown.
Kept my eyes peeled for a few minutes. It was several harbor porpoise working the bridge. First time I ever saw them.  

Maybe ya saw them? They definitely aren’t 20-30ft long tho. 

The chase and swoosh was 20 to 30 feet long. Could be that

1 hour ago, Raak said:

I ran into a pack of false albacore a couple of weeks back. Similar circumstances except it was at daybreak for me. I didn't  have any tins or anything flashy.  I had gotten too spoiled filling my bag with just poppers. Oh well next time I'll  be prepared. 

Who knows what it was for you, but exciting either way !

Had alot of company this evening - like 100 when the most i have ever seen is 10. Had to adjust, caught a couple no one else did but I know my beach

don’t chase reports, they are usually wrong. Had a dozen guys tell me there was a big blitz on my beach this morning which is patently false. Learn a stretch of beach and use what you learn

3 mins ago, suntzu said:

Had alot of company this evening - like 100 when the most i have ever seen is 10. Had to adjust, caught a couple no one else did but I know my beach

don’t chase reports, they are usually wrong. Had a dozen guys tell me there was a big blitz on my beach this morning which is patently false. Learn a stretch of beach and use what you learn

Lol! Love it.

No disrespect, but, you are preaching to the choir about leaning the beach. Report chasers will ALWAYS chase reports.