November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Kennyz55

Gannets did put on quit a show after sun up.  Some were a lot closer then I have seen in awhile.  Never got close enough to cast into what they were on unfortunately.  After DeeMonee  left I kept on my walk and did manage to pick up a couple with stripes.  Nothing earth shattering but better then the skunk.  Hope the swimmer finds you a few fish Dennis.

DSCF3314.JPG

DSCF3317.JPG

2 hours ago, MC55 said:

Gannets did put on quit a show after sun up.  Some were a lot closer then I have seen in awhile.  Never got close enough to cast into what they were on unfortunately.  After DeeMonee  left I kept on my walk and did manage to pick up a couple with stripes.  Nothing earth shattering but better then the skunk.  Hope the swimmer finds you a few fish Dennis.

DSCF3314.JPG

DSCF3317.JPG

Little guys are looking a bit plumper than a few weeks back. 

47 mins ago, bechill11 said:

Does anyone keep a fish anymore when they do catch a keeper? I have been wanting to eat some striper bad but If i do catch a keeper I feel guilty.  Wondering what all you do.  THanks

IMO let em go. Those are breeding stock and are important to the future of the fishery which is in rapid decline. Haven't kept a striper yet in my several years in the game although I have kept many other types of fish. Cant explain why other than it just feels "wrong." But last thing anybody wants is a preachy whiny internet hero telling others how to live their life. You do you.

Fish your way.  It is a mans right to keep his catch.  It is his choice to release it as well.  In my humble opinion may I suggest you let the fish tell you.  If that keeper you bring in is bleeding, belly up, and white tailing then it is the sea telling you this one is for you.  Try not to let the other Schmoes see ya carry it off.  It only burns spots more.  Good luck and enjoy.