Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

Last night 8-10:30 pm MOCO. Chased the skunk across multiple jetties. No moon, dropping tide bunker in close during the day. Everything looked perfect. Nothing. Saw some great shooting stars from the meteor shower though. 

Edited by BFrank

16 hours ago, bechill11 said:

Fished 5-616pm out front monmouth county. Nothing as usual lately. Did manage to hook a skate in the back and drag him in.  Unreal. I saw that monster fish  MarkG posted and I was convinced I was gonna catch one this evening. Didn't have any time to go but that got my butt out of my chair to atleast try for an hour.  Didnt check the tides and didnt realize how low it was where I was at until It was too late (Already got dressed and made the walk. Have another two weeks of work before having a couple weeks off. Hoping theres something around in december when i can actually put a couple hours in at time.

Wasn’t me....unfortunately for me. 

only caught a fat 16” schoolie SunAM

Edited by MarkG

13 hours ago, Goldy said:

Not gonna lie. Moco has been a ghost town. Its almost like they swam right by us and gave us the middle finger

I actually felt the that bird(s) over multiple AM’s. Thought it was something I said... or didn’t say. 

Haven’t been fishing as much as I wanted lately but am going to give it a hard two weeks now and put a fall together hopefully.

11/16 - 5pm - 7pm OC, not a tap.

11/17 5am -8:30am OC, 3 hickory shad and had a smaller bass crash my spook in the wash, missed the hook set. That was it.

Going to put a hard night game in the rest of the week and fish the tides. Might toss eels, who knows, not to optimistic.

Ben 

Decided to change it up this morning from my normal haunts hoping for greener pastures. Made the drive down to OC. Fished 5-9, did not see one bass caught. No bait seen, few gannets in the distance about 300 yards out. 

Saw a few shad caught. Later in the morning had 2 bumps on a bucktail at a different location. Talked to a guy there who said he caught a few 12"ers, so guessing that is what it was. 

Not what you'd expect for this time of year.

Fished NoOC between 7-9pm last night without a touch. Made a move to SoMoCo and had a fat schoolie about 24" on a bone sp and a few squid on a green/white teaser.  Not what I expected in November on a new moon with west wind after a hard blow. 

I rarely post fishing reports but for me it’s a near 2 hour drive to the SFZ from DE which has been my one of my favorite location to fish since being introduced to it by Tim on the first Spring Fling for SOL! Granted with all the restrictions to travel due to Covid I have not been able to put a whole heck of a lot of time in fishing there this Fall and have had a couple skunks this fall. It obviously is not as great as it once was for Stripers in the wash but I guess I have been lucky with the times I choose to make the trip up and back (at my age and health it’s a commitment so you pick your tides and days carefully).  That said I fished the SFZ from 5-8:30am today. I hooked a few and lost them and got four rats to the hand while it was dark and two more once the sun was up. Which I took pics of which I nearly never do but it looks like here no pic means it didn’t happen. All were caught on a old Megabait 4” swimmer and not one on the redgill teasers ( yeah I know old school tactics but hey I’m old ;) )

DDBEFA9C-1128-4D2D-8191-373168322A9F.jpeg

8AE1754D-C8FD-4FFD-BFDD-A72FE6B0067C.jpeg

All were close in and I used a very slow retrieve.... nothing special. 

Edited by Jim DE

16 mins ago, Jim DE said:

I rarely post fishing reports but for me it’s a near 2 hour drive to the SFZ from DE which has been my one of my favorite location to fish since being introduced to it by Tim on the first Spring Fling for SOL! Granted with all the restrictions to travel due to Covid I have not been able to put a whole heck of a lot of time in fishing there this Fall and have had a couple skunks this fall. It obviously is not as great as it once was for Stripers in the wash but I guess I have been lucky with the times I choose to make the trip up and back (at my age and health it’s a commitment so you pick your tides and days carefully).  That said I fished the SFZ from 5-8:30am today. I hooked a few and lost them and got four rats to the hand while it was dark and two more once the sun was up. Which I took pics of which I nearly never do but it looks like here no pic means it didn’t happen. All were caught on a old Megabait 4” swimmer and not one on the redgill teasers ( yeah I know old school tactics but hey I’m old ;) )

DDBEFA9C-1128-4D2D-8191-373168322A9F.jpeg

8AE1754D-C8FD-4FFD-BFDD-A72FE6B0067C.jpeg

All were close in and I used a very slow retrieve.... nothing special. 

Red Gill teaser ! I still have a crusty brown bag of mostly melted red gills somewhere in the basement, circa 1999 I think. Glad your long drive paid off (Two hours+ for me as well) with a few bites ;-)

8am-10am OC this morning, few gannets bombing here and there. 3 shad on 007 and hits (from shad) every other cast, did not use a teaser or I would have had a lot more shad...

Went north again this morning and saw lots of small bait around and a number of birds swimming along picking as they went.  Best I could do was a single dink and a handful of large hickories.  More of them around then bass.  Flat water that is getting cleaner just nothing really moving around.  Did have a couple of big seals in the area so maybe the water temp is starting to drop.  May try more south in the morning.