Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,544 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Old grand dad said:

I suggest you all get out and fish...yellow teaser worked great in the ocean this morning....lost count

PXL_20201116_125343845~2.jpg

Anyone do that well in NMocoSB?

Today/Mon?

The Army Corps have started on my fav section of Beach

Caught a fat schoolie on SunAM just before sunrise and a few bumps but that was it in my area for anyone. 

25 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Save the 4oz for the boat fishing in 100'+ depths. Try to scale down to around 1oz. Don't forget to tie on a teaser above the diamond jig. Go to B&N or Grumps, buy a couple of things from them, and ask if theyll show you how to tie a teaser rig for casting AVAs. 

Not for nothing but I went there last year asking for 1oz diamond jigs and the employee suggested I only buy 2oz but I didn’t lol. Still one of my favorite shops (Grumpys)

Edited by BobBass

22 mins ago, BobBass said:

Not for nothing but I went there last year asking for 1oz diamond jigs and the employee suggested I only buy 2oz but I didn’t lol. Still one of my favorite shops (Grumpys)

Unless there is a big NE or heavy sweep I personally like A007 or A17. Don't forget about T-Hex either, always have one in my bag on a sand eel bite.

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Save the 4oz for the boat fishing in 100'+ depths. Try to scale down to around 1oz. Don't forget to tie on a teaser above the diamond jig. Go to B&N or Grumps, buy a couple of things from them, and ask if theyll show you how to tie a teaser rig for casting AVAs. 

Okay cool thank you! The guys at Grumpys have helped me out before so I’ll probably head back over there. Before I head out next time. 

Fished 5-616pm out front monmouth county. Nothing as usual lately. Did manage to hook a skate in the back and drag him in.  Unreal. I saw that monster fish  MarkG posted and I was convinced I was gonna catch one this evening. Didn't have any time to go but that got my butt out of my chair to atleast try for an hour.  Didnt check the tides and didnt realize how low it was where I was at until It was too late (Already got dressed and made the walk. Have another two weeks of work before having a couple weeks off. Hoping theres something around in december when i can actually put a couple hours in at time.

Went duck hunting this morning. Not to far from Island Beach, if Id know fish around would have bagged the hunting. 

Went out dusk till 730 tonight in MC. No luck. Great fly casting conditions so I did have some hope. 

4 hours ago, MarkG said:

Anyone do that well in NMocoSB?

Today/Mon?

The Army Corps have started on my fav section of Beach

Caught a fat schoolie on SunAM just before sunrise and a few bumps but that was it in my area for anyone. 

Not gonna lie. Moco has been a ghost town. Its almost like they swam right by us and gave us the middle finger

Edited by Goldy

MoCo 3:30-5:30pm out front. Went to a spot I had success at beginning of flood tide last week. Water a bit stained. As the sky started to turn color, the wind settled. Had a 25” on BT my third cast. There were plenty more fish it seemed, but couldn’t connect to any more, throwing popper, SP, BT & swim shad. Maybe I should’ve had teaser on, but I saw shads popping and decided against it. Saw another person catch one low 20s inch around 5pm on SP. 

Fished south of my local waters due to appointments LBI.  Found some nice soft structure from the blow.  Had adult bunker 20 feet from me the entire time and was snagging sandeels every few casts.......5 guys throwing at this bait for over 3 hours.  not one of us had a sniff.  Disappointing but sounds like action is improving from the beach the last couple of days.  Need the damn water temps to drop still.  Felt warmer than it did this weekend. game on with the moon and night tides.  We gonna see some nice pics this week. 

530A-730A OC. One nice 27-28 incher on the teaser to rid the skunk from the past few outings. Couple other taps, small and bigger bait in front of me, birds working in the distance as usual.  

MOCO 6:30 - 8:30 this morning.  Nice sunrise.  Water was clear and calmer than I anticipated.  Tried a few different spots with a few different presentations.  Managed one shad on the teaser right before leaving. Did not see any bent rods along the beaches.