Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,379 posts in this topic

Of course I overslept, but a buddy of mine called and said birds and fish are crashing near the surf in MoCo. He was on his way to work in suit and tie and couldn’t stop but called me. I hope guys are able to get out there...STAT! It’ll prolly be a day to get 30 fish. 

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Of course I overslept, but a buddy of mine called and said birds and fish are crashing near the surf in MoCo. He was on his way to work in suit and tie and couldn’t stop but called me. I hope guys are able to get out there...STAT! It’ll prolly be a day to get 30 fish. 

I know some guys who'd fish in a suit and tie if they saw that. :p

Posted (edited) · Report post

25 mins ago, bdowning said:

I know some guys who'd fish in a suit and tie if they saw that. :p

Attended a wake in belmar several years ago and may or may not have said my condolences than threw a bomber shortly thereafter. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Out front CMC yesterday 515-7am. SSW breeze from R to L, but fairly strong sweep from L to R with some good size breakers coming in. Not a touch on plugs or metal. Water temp still a little warm on the warm side. Didn't see anything on the surface or bird action further out. 

OutfrontNMoco

At sunup all the bunker you could want in close and out 500+ yds. 

Gannetts crashing, ducks, gulls 

Wind outta the west/cast a mile but not really cold

No bass or blues on any of it. 

Perfect popper conditions
Fished from 5:45-8:00

Bupkis

Beautiful day so far....

Giglios reported the 42” caught yesterday on a popper

MOCO

Same as MarkG above... Free for all just offshore.

Every sea bird imaginable pounding the water.

Dolphins, boils and busts.

But the real story... the beach was littered with skunks... I mean they were literally everywhere.  I think i stepped on at least a half dozen myself over the past couple days.

Hope those fish and hungry, hitting and move in a touch... I hope to see someone (or many someones) gets into them today.

Tight lines

Same as the above two posts. Everything was set Bait was present NO fish. Did some traveling went north and then went back south and got oooooogotz the big skunk

Wow same old song and dance from everyone. Just fished for 3 hours in moco and had at least a mile of bunker well in casting distance. Big skunks all around. 

Timing is everything with a west wind. It doesn't surprise me that the bunker are in tight without fish. Find a pod, call it your own, set your alarms for 1 hour into outgoing and get some rest 

Lets brighten up this forum a tad bit from.all the skunk reports. Tried different spots Moco last night from 1630 to 2300, tried outfront, flat calm ocean, no bait, no birds, no fish, water seemed clean. Went to another spot and found two shorts using a rapala twitchin minnow within 30 minutes, then nothing after that, moved to another spot and the wind was blowing much stronger than I thought it would and with my light set-up it was hard to get by, nada. Moved to my final spot for the evening and found a few with 1 keeper mixed in using BT and ottertail. 

It was nice to finally bump into @Raak, Im sure he did well last night. 

I will comply with the suggestion of @saltyh2ofly , no pictures were taken, stock photo attached.

1920px-Striped_bass_(39492037735)~3.jpg

Saw much of the same as everybody else this morning.  Bunker never got close enough where I was and never saw any getting beaten up.  First time this fall I've seen the gannets diving so have to think there was more then just bunker around.  Did come up with two, one on the teaser and the other on the swimmer.  Water was not as clean as yesterday I guess from the rain.  Might try to give it a look later today.

DSCF3302.JPG