Kennyz55

November 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,379 posts in this topic

It’s a new month, let’s get this started!

Remember to vote. 

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

My second catch last night qualifies for November report as the first was pre midnight. MoCo 1:15Am. Fat and heavy Striper. Good luck to everyone for November. Tight lines.

No Penelope, but the Ghost of the Skunk followed me this morning! On the beach, out front, Mo Co, at 5:30. Fished till 6:30. Nada. A couple of light taps. Water was optimal. Great looking white water, just slightly off color. Cooperating wave action. Breeze out of the south. Bunker pods beyond the jetties, No visible action in the pods and no bait near shore. Went back at the tide flip, outgoing, and put in 45 minutes. Not a tap. Beach, in my area, pretty much deserted. Only a couple of guys fishing and they left shortly after sunrise. I hope November isn't a repeat of October.

Same here.... skunk since September.  Tried new spot in Mo Co from 5-8.  Water looked good.  White water, good waves and there was deep trough where I was.  Slight sweep from right to left.  Saw some bunker splashing close in but nothing on them..  Did see a seagull with one on the beach.  Threw bucktail, SP’s, metal lip, tsunami eel, paddle tail, darter.  Not a tap.  Witnessed a bunch of guys on a jetty but was not close enough to see how they were doing.  Did not see anyone else on the sand hook up.  My wife asks why I keep going if I’m not catching anything, and I tell her because maybe I will if I go again. 

Went out front for an hour or so this morning. Threw the usual stuff. Didnt catch anything BUT I did snag a worm shed. Big long green one. 
8 thousand boats doing their thing on the bunker schools. Hard south wind. 
Gonna try later this afternoon cause I like that worm shed thing.

Eeeeels.......

46 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

Same here.... skunk since September.  Tried new spot in Mo Co from 5-8.  Water looked good.  White water, good waves and there was deep trough where I was.  Slight sweep from right to left.  Saw some bunker splashing close in but nothing on them..  Did see a seagull with one on the beach.  Threw bucktail, SP’s, metal lip, tsunami eel, paddle tail, darter.  Not a tap.  Witnessed a bunch of guys on a jetty but was not close enough to see how they were doing.  Did not see anyone else on the sand hook up.  My wife asks why I keep going if I’m not catching anything, and I tell her because maybe I will if I go again. 

I am on a bad stretch too. No one ever seems to do well the days I don't do well so I guess there is some sort of comfort in that. I just really believe I'm due for a big day soon. Putting in a ton of time and really been fishing some great looking spots with some great plugs, just haven't picked the right days yet.

The skunk continues to follow me in to November.  Out front bouncing around MoCo from 6:30a - 10am with nothing to show for it.  My friend caught a schoolie on tin and that was it.  No bumps no sign of life in the surf for me.  Lot of guys out there this morning but didnt see any bent rods.  Stiff south wind picked up and made it difficult to stay in contact with my lure and was putting a nice bow in my line.  Will give it another go this week. 

Not due to lack of effort based on what I’m seeing. Fish seems don’t like the beach as much as they used to. The big girls are off the beach. Lack of surf clams and bait in tight seems to be the culprit. Plenty of bunker and sand eels outside.

Out front MOCO..right around sunrise.  A few fish around where i was.  I had a decent one on fishing off a rock pile..popped off before i could get it close. Paddle tail.  Saw at least two fish beached that were easily over 30 inches.. One was likely over 20 lbs as it was beached 100 yds away from me and looked big even from a distance. 

34 mins ago, MC55 said:

Much nicer morning to be out then yesterday morning.  Warmer temps and nice clean white water where I was.  Did find 3 this morning, 2 little guys on the teaser and one a bit bigger on the swimmer that could pull a little drag.  Found some nice deep spots along with a lot of flat areas from the last blow.  Bunker all over the place right off shore and had some small dolphin going through them right over the bar.  With the stiff WNW wind in the forecast, maybe some of them might head for the sand.  If nothing else it will be a wind that you can cast a mile.  Some beautiful color in the sky early today too.

DSCF3300.JPG

DSCF3298.JPG

Nice Pics Mike ..   both of them 

Out front ocean county, 630-830. Water still pretty staind, South wind started kicking up, nothing to show. As @MC55 mentioned it's going to be a windy one tomorrow, at least favorably. Could be real fishy on the other side of this full moon