CaryGreene

SPOOKS, GLIDERS & STICK BAITS SPECTACULAR: CALLING ALL PLUG BUILDERS..

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, CaryGreene said:

Those wood spooks don't work. Must have had a lucky hit. Did the fish have both eyes? can't tell from the picure. LOL  (*okay, now that my appropriate greeting is out of the way >>nice one!) ((look at those Bean waders doin' the do!))

Hi pal,

Hope all is good on your end. Currently making a double batch..(wife is) of bread and butter pickles drinking a double ipa

Just now, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Hi pal,

Hope all is good on your end. Currently making a double batch..(wife is) of bread and butter pickles drinking a double ipa

Sounds nice! She just texted me and said to get back out there and finish the yard. Also, she said to vacuum the car, you got sand on her side. 

On 10/31/2020 at 3:30 AM, scoobydoo said:

Not a custom wood plug builder....But I've been developing a ground up spook for the past year.....

Big and heavy....through wired.....Walks wide on the surface....and when ripped followed by a steady retrieve works like a super strike darter.

I just literally received the first non 3d printed prototype after a few adjustments in the mail today...Fingers crossed that it functions the same as the model plug.   It sits at the same angle in the water.....feels less buoyant due to the added reinforcement internally (entire internal structure is honeycomb pc. Which I hope isn't the case and it swims.

The yum Money Hound....was a big hunk of soft plastic like a zaraspook....and it swam as well as it walked.....That's what I was going for with my design...only approaching 4 ounces and big.....Doc sized.

Tatoo made some great spooks.....Tuna even loved em as they skipped well.

Picked up my first mongo Afterhours spook the other day.....haven't tossed it...but love his other stuff.

Something about a big spook just draws strikes.....and when silent or noisey pencils or poppers don't draw strikes.....I've had luck with the big dog walkers.

One negative is depending on design....casting distance isn't all that great.  Which isn't a big deal...but they work awesomely in skinny water

We look forward to seeing them on the shelves. Mark me down for a few, them s few more after I lose the 1st batch.

13 hours ago, RockRonin said:

We look forward to seeing them on the shelves. Mark me down for a few, them s few more after I lose the 1st batch.

They've been out for a bit.   Note.....I had no input on colors or eyes...I still think the bunker pattern is closer to a rainbow trout lol...

Caught quite a few fish on them.  

Posted (edited)

On 8/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, scoobydoo said:

They've been out for a bit.   Note.....I had no input on colors or eyes...I still think the bunker pattern is closer to a rainbow trout lol...

Caught quite a few fish on them.  

We've been calling that the Mahi.

You gotta get Skinner to pick up a capable rod and stop complaining about casting distance. It's a rocket. Even compared to the heavier doc knockoffs. 

Awesome design. fills a big hole and didn't know this was yours. Love how easy it is to dive and swim under surf that would foul most spooks.  stability in a cross wind has been clutch. 

Is there a reason you didn't go with the single deep doc knock? That would've made it my everywhere big spook.

Edited by Bait Tailer