valentine

Are you handing out Halloween Candy this year?

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

27 mins ago, Sparky said:

Carpetbaggers

What are my choices..... kills me because I grew up in a neighborhood (conshohocken) and up until 7years ago still lived in it. 

4 kids with the oldest being 11.... I miss handing out candy, doing what I gotta do so the kids can experience a little Halloween.  They hit the 20 houses in my mother in laws development and are done in a half an hour.... The only guilt I feel about it is they will never experience Halloween like it was when I was a kid.

5 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

What are my choices..... kills me because I grew up in a neighborhood (conshohocken) and up until 7years ago still lived in it. 

4 kids with the oldest being 11.... I miss handing out candy, doing what I gotta do so the kids can experience a little Halloween.  They hit the 20 houses in my mother in laws development and are done in a half an hour.... The only guilt I feel about it is they will never experience Halloween like it was when I was a kid.

You should have them change costumes and go around again...

9 mins ago, charloots said:

You should think about moving. :laugh: 

Good one! I did. But will hand out candy and not give the cretins the opportunity to take it for themselves. Not sure though if Halloween will go on as scheduled here, such a shame. Too many traditions falling by the wayside for silly reasons, not that covid is silly, but I don't see how taking some candy from someone on Halloween is much different than picking up a candy bar at a store that possibly had 50 or so hands in the box. Just a thought.

Yooo Lucky, you coming up here?

I have about 4 inches of snow on the ground but it is melting,

It is going to be cold tomorrow.

If you care to tell me where the game is ( Town Park prob) and the time i could stop by and say hello. If you want to meet me their is.

:howdy:

I don’t get them here and haven’t in other places I’ve lived. 

Rural dead end road, steep driveway or top of a hill they wouldn’t  bother with so it’s a bummer.  

One year I was dating a girl who lived in a real neighborhood setting and we had a blast with Halloween. She was bat **** crazy so we only had that one year together though. 

Valentine’s house woulda got egged big time in my day. 

Edited by Rocky_Point_Charlie

32 mins ago, CATCHnRELEASE said:

Yooo Lucky, you coming up here?

I have about 4 inches of snow on the ground but it is melting,

It is going to be cold tomorrow.

If you care to tell me where the game is ( Town Park prob) and the time i could stop by and say hello. If you want to meet me their is.

:howdy:

Glenwood road. I heard about the snow. Still no word on any cancellation. 

Ah yes glenwood rd also known as route 517.

Know the area very well, i bike thru there quite often.It is next to a mini golf range in the black dirt district. It is low, so prob they had an 1 inch or less.

What time?

19 mins ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

I don’t get them here and haven’t in other places I’ve lived. 

Rural dead end road, steep driveway or top of a hill they wouldn’t  bother with so it’s a bummer.  

One year I was dating a girl who lived in a real neighborhood setting and we had a blast with Halloween. She was bat **** crazy so we only had that one year together though. 

Valentine’s house woulda got egged big time in my day. 

LOL about getting egged.
Didn’t even know if kids still did that.

As a kid, I was hit with eggs and threw them at others but the line was always drawn at property destruction.

That was always a big no no because of the possibility that the homeowner would come out beat your ass.

Its best not to go looking for that kind of trouble.

We just had a spike in Covid cases in my town. They're going to close the High School. I haven't heard that Halloween is cancelled, but I bet we get less than 8 kids. It's always a hoot to see the neighborhood kids, but there aren't many left.