Jim in WA

Createx Paint

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I am at the point of purchasing paint for my plugs. I know from the references in the forum a fair number of you use this product. If you were buying all new paint today which series would you buy? Createx Airbrush or the Wicked Colors? I might switch to the auto colors later but I am not set up for a high VOC work area right now.

The createx autoair paints aren't solvent based they are acrylics..when you use the 4030 additive it becomes a acrylic urethane hybrid that is very durable.  

Edited by lazzyone

Thanks for the feedback. From what I can tell  from the spec sheets none of them require a respirator and gloves until you start adding particular reducers and other additives. I think I will start with the wicked colors and then switch over to autocolors. Of course that means another project. The paint booth with full vapor/particle capture vented out a window.

I already learned the lesson from being young just wanting to get it done and not protecting myself. At 60 I am very sensitive to certain solvents now. Too much MEK and no protection.

Edited by Jim in WA

18 hours ago, Jim in WA said:

I already learned the lesson from being young just wanting to get it done and not protecting myself. At 60 I am very sensitive to certain solvents now. Too much MEK and no protection.

I find the airbrush cleaner to be nasty. I clean with water then a little cleaner, but I'll stick the brush out of the garage door when I blow it out.