Motorcrazy

Braid recommendation

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I bought a new Penn Slammer 4500, I always use power pro, never really have an issue with it, but was wondering if there is another braid that is as good or better?

Works nicely on my Slammer 4500.  My everyday plugging setup for beach consists of: St Criox/Ben Doerr 8'6', Penn Slammer 4500, PP 20lbs, 3ft of 50lbs mono leader. 

Motorcrazy, that is cool.  Just asked as that post on braid was the biggest reason for me joining this forum.  And yes, I did binge read the entire post.  Then I bought line and sent it to the guy for testing.

Some would like to simplify matters.  Others might want to know "the rest of the story".

I've had 2 bad spools of power pro. I've had many others that were fine, but after losing a couple of fish and then launching new lures using fresh PP, I'm done with it. I've been using Sufix 832 with no issues so far.

12 mins ago, GP100 said:

I've had 2 bad spools of power pro. I've had many others that were fine, but after losing a couple of fish and then launching new lures using fresh PP, I'm done with it. I've been using Sufix 832 with no issues so far.

Wow. I echo your experience. But I ventured out to Sufix 832, J Braid x8, and Kast King (Yea, I trust it more than PP now lol).