SnS

Korkers Casttrax sizing?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just bought a pair of Korkers casttrax in XL as per instructions for my size 12 boots, and upon strapping them on I noticed there is probably about 1-2" unused space at the toe. Is this normal? It seems like the top two spikes are not making much if any contact with the ground. Should I return for size large?

PXL_20201029_191651974.jpg

Edited by SnS

The large might be better. All boots are different, The XL fit great on my micky boot for ice fishing. The large are great for my other boots. I'm size 11.  

New-er-ish to surf casting and wondering what the benefit and issues with Korkers like this that go over your boots versus spiked boots. Do you wear the Korkers every trip or do you only use them for specific conditions?

2 hours ago, TommyMac said:

New-er-ish to surf casting and wondering what the benefit and issues with Korkers like this that go over your boots versus spiked boots. Do you wear the Korkers every trip or do you only use them for specific conditions?

Well you certainly wouldn't want to wear them on a sandy beach. You could carry them with you and strap them on when you want to fish a boulder field or jetty. 

Ordered the large and will let you all know which one fits size 12 boots better, or at least the 2 pairs of boots I use, in case that's of use for somebody searching the threads down the road :)