Trash we have to deal with- (people)

Rate this topic

DeepBlue

I see the same garbage all along Jamaica Bay's shore line and beach area.. I usually take a big black garbage bag with me and fill it and then dispose the garbage properly... Once I placed the garbage in a parks pail and the game warden wanted to  give me a summons for illegal disposing  of house hold garbage and I had to explain what I was doing and where I came from...   

It’s the same on the NS beach I fish. It’s the same group with the littering, beach fires, keeping short fish, parking in the lot without a permit. Not sure where you fish but I got a hold of the DEC and they got right back to me. They worked in conjunction with the park police and it got much better quickly. 

1929 505 6884 is the Nassau county DEC direct number. Call them and report anything you can directly observe as poaching, dumping or littering.   Observe their action, the time, their location and a description of those responsible for the act.

Edited by DeepBlue85

7 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Let's post examples of the refuse other fishermen leave on the water.  A place I fish is regularly left littered with piles of modelo, plastic bottles, bags an anything else they picked up at the gas station.  Sick of it, if you cant respect our water get the hell out of here.

20201028_235517.jpg

These wild animals need the death penalty.When i see this happening in my spots i make them clean it up,if im putting myself in danger then so be it,i dont care anymore.

I yell at people all the time if I see them dumping trash (or keeping shorts/overs or too many fish). I also added a magazine dump pouch to my fishing belt to pick up any trash I see. The area by the bridge at Floyd Bennett Field and Coney Island Creek is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. It almost looks like some of those horror pics from southeast Asia.Lately there's been more Heineken and Modelo cans/bottles on the jetty at Silverpoint... not to mention the massive amount of discarded braid that gets tangled up in everything.

1TT.208-8.jpg.961272c6333093d08050639c1ca4b2b8.jpg

On 10/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, the3fishheads said:

Never seen so many syringes washed up on the berm.

No iv bags lately. Hate when the tubes still attached. 

I remember in the late? 70's seeing hundreds upon hundreds of syringes washed up on the western south shore all summer. Supposedly a medical waste disposal company was dumping just offshore. Disgusting!

On 10/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, DeepBlue85 said:

Let's post examples of the refuse other fishermen leave on the water.  A place I fish is regularly left littered with piles of modelo, plastic bottles, bags an anything else they picked up at the gas station.  Sick of it, if you cant respect our water get the hell out of here.

20201028_235517.jpg

There's lots of low class people out there

Edited by RL Bucktails
So

When we look back on our lives, our most precious commodity will have been time. Time shared with the ones we love. Don't wait for time to be convenient, find the time, make the time, for this is what you will cherish most.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, nycstripers16 said:

I yell at people all the time if I see them dumping trash (or keeping shorts/overs or too many fish). I also added a magazine dump pouch to my fishing belt to pick up any trash I see. The area by the bridge at Floyd Bennett Field and Coney Island Creek is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. It almost looks like some of those horror pics from southeast Asia.Lately there's been more Heineken and Modelo cans/bottles on the jetty at Silverpoint... not to mention the massive amount of discarded braid that gets tangled up in everything.

1TT.208-8.jpg.961272c6333093d08050639c1ca4b2b8.jpg

Good idea. In most spots I can usually find a plastic bag in the water or buried in the sand to use for this purpose lol, but sometimes I keep a 10L stuff sack in my bag for trash.

I've definitely noticed an increase in dead/injured and entangled seabirds this year. Really hurts to see.

Edited by C.Robin

I know the areas with garbage all along Jamaica Bay's shore line and beach area. Very selfish people.  Thanks to everyone who has been picking these garbage so others can fish without garbage.:howdy:

I have been carrying big black garbage bags with me and filling it and then dispose the garbage but a few times, park workers and the game warden wanted to give me a summons for illegal disposing garbage or wanted to arrest me. I took pictures on my phone and proof to explain what I was doing and where I came from...  What a world we live in...:laugh: 

Making the world safe for bait, one bluefish at a time!