Cast Away

Lamiglas Black Inshore line, any reviews?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Who has fished these and what do you think overall? Considering the 7025-7030. It’s described as a fast action which is the opposite of what I’ve experienced and correlate with Lami rods in general. Any thoughts?

The price is right. Thats for sure. 

One online retailer describes them as a carbon copy of the triflex but made overseas to keep the cost down. If that the case I don't understand why I don't see more of them around.  

1 hour ago, Objection said:

I have the Black Inshore and the TriFlex.  The Black feels cheap and does not compare to the TriFlex. 

I’m sure the components are a cheaper quality but what about the blank? Same or a big difference between them?

Are you looking to buy a blank....or a finished rod?

Lamiglas has some nice blanks on closeout all the time.  The Tri-flexs from other series, like the kayak series, are certainly fast action.  Darn near unbreakable as well.  Look for the TXC series.  Warning, they are much stronger than their ratings....a 15-30 could fish 40#.

2 hours ago, Cast Away said:

I’m sure the components are a cheaper quality but what about the blank? Same or a big difference between them?

It's difficult to compare the blanks because they are rated differently. And the Black feels cheap to me, so I don't fish it. 

46 mins ago, Objection said:

It's difficult to compare the blanks because they are rated differently. And the Black feels cheap to me, so I don't fish it. 

What rating and would you want to sell it?

11 hours ago, Cast Away said:

What rating and would you want to sell it?

It's 7'3" rated 1/2 - 2oz. its my Kyak backup, and I think I'll hold on to it. I didn't intend to give it a bad review--it's just that I don't think it compares to the TriFlex, which I love. And given the price difference between them, perhaps it's an unfair comparison.