Followers 0
bassmaster

Credit to Mike Fixter

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

on helping Me with the Pikes.

when I posted the pike thing I forgot to put the first part inicon15.gif

And just put in the how to stufficon15.gif

Mike is the Pike Master and helped Me out Big time.

thanks Mike.

Dave, thanks for the credit. I know I've given you a few tips on plug building, but its the folks at Creek Chub Bait Co. & several others no doubt that were instrumental in devoloping the wooden metal lip swimmers of this design. They are the ones who deserve the recognition. All I've done is modify them slightly to better fit my style of fishing. Mike

All I've done is modify them slightly to better fit my style of fishing. Mike

Don't sell yerself short Mike - you make them so they last and last and last! icon14.gif And talk about perty colors...mmmmmmsmile.gif

TimS

It was Mike's beautiful yellow and red headed monster that accounted for my largest striper. It's like throwing a magnet into a barrel of nails when the cows are around.

Thanks again Mike.

I'm waiting for some surfcomber to find that lure with my name engraved in the lip; I'm willing to pay a reward for its safe return. biggrin.gif

I don't think there is a plugbuilder on this site who doesn't credit Mike with their building of pikies. I know that my pikies were very crude at best until I "met" Mr. Fixter. I was a surfster man and, thanks to Mike, that has changed somewhat.

------------------

DC ><}}}}> bigfish_bite_md_clr.gif

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

SOL# 20

Definitely agree, Mike has been a big help in the pikie department. Also a thanks to the other guys on the forum for supplying ideas/suggestions. Winchmaster was particularily helpful when I was experimenting with pikies. Had plenty of suggestions on how one should work and what I needed to do to make mine work better. Man, a group hug for all heart.gif

Jigman