coolhandfluke

just an example things are going in wrong direction

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

the end of july this year we were paying $122.00 for hundred feet of  4 inch pvc.   todays price is 315.00 per hundred and goes up slightly everyday and its 4-6 week lead time to get it

PVC is a plastic which is made from crude oil right? Price of products from oil was low early this year when our stocks were full and we capped off almost every well in the gulf. Back to drilling now though.

Food prices are thru the roof. A couple years ago high fuel prices was the BS reason, yet when fuel prices fell thru the floor, food prices did not fall, instead they went up due to supply chain interruptions. 

Thank you Liberal lockdown governors. :mad:

yes in the electrical world pvc,emt ,rigid and wire are all commodities.  i just placed a 100k foot order of multiple sizes pvc for a customer.lead time is 8 weeks.   i placed an order today for 10k foot order of 4 inch pvc 4 week lead time. prices are usually good for same day only right now.

i can quote you today and could find out it went up tomorrow morning.

the biggest manufacture shut down for several weeks due to too many employees had covid 19.

just like the last depression, trucking companies hit all manufactures with a fuel surcharge when fuel went through the roof. they stopped showing the surcharge eventually,but the prices never came down.

most manufactures also had one if not 2 price increases also, and there prices never went back down and its happening now.we are getting manufactures price increases now and with the intent of also going up in February. 

square d has had lots of issues with being able to supply there breakers and panels. cutler hammer is having issues suppling panels.   milbank is having issues supplying combo meter sockets for atlantic electric.

i could go on and on.

Edited by coolhandfluke