Anyone interested in a SOL Florida meet-up in January?

Rate this topic

flyangler

46 mins ago, gman1253 said:

Thanks.... have to talk to Trey at Juno Bait/ T

tight lines..

I did already, his rigging is more traditional than Z's. Can't recall if it is 100# or 200# mono, but don't think Trey uses a heavy braid in his mix. 

I was actually contemplating inviting he or Todd to the meet-up. I dropped off a couple of bottles of bubbly to them a week ago so....

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

4 hours ago, flyangler said:

I did already, his rigging is more traditional than Z's. Can't recall if it is 100# or 200# mono, but don't think Trey uses a heavy braid in his mix. 

I was actually contemplating inviting he or Todd to the meet-up. I dropped off a couple of bottles of bubbly to them a week ago so....

Yea I stop by & BS with Trey 2/3 times a week after I fish... unless the wind is howling of course.

Who knows - maybe we've seen each other there without knowing it!

From the weather I think I'll go Sunday AM... if so I'll pop in & ask them. 

Edited by gman1253

6 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

Wont get down there until the first week of February. Have fun guys, post some pics.

Will you be here on Feb 6th? 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Zcoker got into blacktips today as did Josh and Junior, releasing three

AABDA8B2-C21C-4E6D-823A-F133643561D4.jpeg.5cfc33b9a510803a9155478587342d71.jpeg

- Victor Davis Hanson 

is there any camping sights within walking distance of the park, my kid wants to camp on the beach and walk to the park

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

22 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

is there any camping sights within walking distance of the park, my kid wants to camp on the beach and walk to the park

unfortunately, no, this is Jupiter Florida.....

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 hour ago, reelfire said:

Let's get this going.

OK, Saturday Feb 13th it will be to try to time if with the best tide for that beach during our hours. 

I will write up a new event-dedicated post with all the details and launch that tomorrow. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

7 mins ago, reelfire said:

13 th works for me.  What's better than fishing with friends and my hot girlfriend on my old wedding anniversary. 

Sounds like a sweet day all around. 

I will have a few cigars as well. 

- Victor Davis Hanson